The day is almost upon us!

we can always go back to reagans STARWARS idea and instead of ICBMs we can shoot laz0rz at asteroids.

its a load of ****. I dont know how many time people have said this earth is going to come to and end. It wont unless us humas destroy it.

well its a known fact that there is shit in our solar system just waiting to plummet into the earth

Don't worry about asteroids. NASA is working on a program where they track asteroids 100,000's of miles out to see if they pose a threat. And if they are on a collision course for earth; their plan is to launch a satellite at it and have it hover near its surface, using small rocket bursts to keep it stabilized. The force of gravity exerted by the satellite on the asteroid over a period of time is actually enough to change the course a fraction of a degree. And over 100,000's of miles thats more than enough to keep the asteroid from hitting us. Pretty cool huh?

Mayan doomsday though, that stuffs real. I'm working on my bunker for when the world ends right now. I've got enough hot-pockets for years stockpiled up.

I thought that was just an idea scientists had (among others).

Well you keep thinking theres going to be a asteroid that is going to kill us all. I am going to enjoy my life not believing that.

because its so far away still there is a chance that it can change course by running through something. i forgot what they called it but if it runs through this course changer we will be the main targetl

The inner-steller energy cloud...

Which is what is "predicted" to be the source of global warming and other catastrophes that have happened (and will) happen.

Our solar system is like a plane, flying through the milky way. The sun and all of it's orbiting bodies are the passengers, and we are starting to enter a more "turbulent" part of the galaxy, the milky way.

HUGE bursts of energy are being emitted throughout our solar system. Or not emitted, rather we are entering IT. Because the Earth and other planets are mostly rock type bodies, they are able to absorb some of the energy. The sun, however, cannot. And what disrupts the sun, disrupts everything we know.

Vast amounts of electrons are being pumped into the sun, and solor flares are peaking at the highest rate they have ever seen. Over 40 times the increase in the last few years. The energy burst we experienced in 2005 that knocked out power and even radio waves was caused by the sun shooting electrons out of it at a 1/4 THE SPEED OF LIGHT. A speed we have NEVER even imagined could be possible from the emition of electrons.

And in 2012, our planet will be the closest to the sun it has ever been in 74,000 years.

Now, due to carbon dating, scientists have recently discovered that a world wide massive extinction tends to happen every 63,000,000 to 65,000,000 years. They figured this out by the 3 million year difference between each new Genus arrival. And we know that it has happened 4 times already, and the last time, being over 65,000,000 years ago...

There is a proposed theory called the "Gaia Theory". This states that the Earth is not just a lifeless rock floating around with life dwelling in it. But it is more of a massive living organism. It is said that our Earth possesses Homeostasis. Which is the subconscious ability to cope with issues. Such as when we automatically sweat when we are hot to cool ourselves down.

What happens when the Earth gets too hot? When it gets too close? It cools itself down.

And YES. That is exactly what it does. Generally, by letting off a super volcano, shrouding the Earth in darkness causing an ice age or "cooling process".

We already know that Yellowstone is also (conveniently) over due as well...

All of these factors, and the particular place we stand in this point of time in our universe, leads us to believe that yes... The apocalypse is very near. "Very" on an Earthly scale, that is. Meaning 1,000's of years. Or...... Maybe 10? Who knows.

All we know, is that we are in for some serious trouble, very soon.

Oh, by the way. Read this book. I read it while I was in Colorado this last week, actually. Its a great book.

2007-03-08T12_16_53-08_00.jpg

Nooooooo, we aren't going to just die off in a massive flash at exactly 11:11 2012 or anything. It is just going to be a major change in our planet. So basically, it means we will slowly be dying over the next few decades/centuries.

Heh :D

I would not worry too much. Nothing is going to hurt us. Chances of that happening are slim to none. I would not get to worried.

Back
Top Bottom