The Dark Knight Thread - Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to see this weekend as well. Good movie. Like Toyotadude said, it dragged out in some parts. TwoFace could have been a whole lot better than he was, that's for sure.

The Joker definitely made the movie. I read one review where the author said, as he walked out of the theater, that he was glad the Joker was just a fictional character and I have to agree. Making him homicidal but without all the stupid gimmicks like laughing nerve gas and all that made him much more realistic and believable.

Lucius said he couldn't work for a company that had that kind of power, but his smile as the database destroyed itself let us know that he wasn't going anywhere.

That last part with Lucius really ticked me off. We are talking about trying to catch a guy who is killing cops, blowing up hospitals, blowing up boats with 30k people on them, and your going to ***** about a gadget that has the only means of doing it????

seriously Lucius get your panties out of wad and help him catch a homicidal maniac

That last part with Lucius really ticked me off. We are talking about trying to catch a guy who is killing cops, blowing up hospitals, blowing up boats with 30k people on them, and your going to ***** about a gadget that has the only means of doing it????

seriously Lucius get your panties out of wad and help him catch a homicidal maniac

I find it hard to believe that you actually are as dense as I thought you were. It was obviously trying to draw a parallel between the events of today regarding terrorism. Such things when put in place rarely will ever go away when the perceived threats go away. I don't think the CEO wanted to take that chance, especially since it was based off of technology he came up with. I'm sure I would feel somewhat guilty if the device ended up being abused especially by Batman ... Batman isn't necessarily a Jesus figure that's incapable of doing wrong.

Oh and the previous poster is right about the Joker being the reason why the movie is perceived to be so good. The hype surrounding the Joker character and the movie itself is blinding people. People give the movie a 10/10 just based on the fact that the Joker character was as phenomenal as he was. I'm not saying that the rest of the movie isn't great... it's just not the masterpiece that many people are claiming.

He was just showing that he actually has scruples. A device that could show you all the details anywhere near a cell phone would be God-like. I don't blame him for saying he would quit, as I would, too. No one person, or company, or government, should hold that kind of power. It would be like Big Brother with x-ray specs.

There were some very cheesy parts to it, some cringe worthy, some funny. Not sure on how some scenes at the beginning were set up (camera angels, style of acting) but this improved over the duration. Also didn't like the bike popping out of the bat mobile. Was pretty crappy. Not as good as Begins but still a good movie.

[rant]£7.40 ($15) was taking the **** for entrance to the movie though for a isle seat. And I had to fat women sitting next to me talking more than they needed to.

He was just showing that he actually has scruples. A device that could show you all the details anywhere near a cell phone would be God-like. I don't blame him for saying he would quit, as I would, too. No one person, or company, or government, should hold that kind of power. It would be like Big Brother with x-ray specs.

I understand why he would quit if the device was still there but Gotham was in HUGE danger with the joker still free, there are hospitals being blown up, mayors shot at, police commissioners and judges being killed, its not exactly the time to go "this machine is bad and i dont like it" if you had half a brain you would be "lets get him before he can do more harm"

I understand the power a machine like that has but if something like that was going on in my town i beg anybody with a machine like this PLEASE USE IT RIGHT AWAY AND GET THIS FREAK IN BARS (well i would rather they just blow his head off but still)

baranibatpunch.gif
marvel024.gif

too bad, i have some family up and won't be able to go see it for like 3-4 weeks.

^not true, many movie triliogys do well on their 3rd or higher movies, take harry potter for example, there most profitable movie was the last one made (5th), pirates of the carribean, there 3rd movie was most profitable, the moive could still be bad though lol, like star wars episode 3.

I think the 3rd pirates of the caribean was not as good as the first. Although it was decent.

All the harry potter movies make me wish they would follow the books exactly, as I grew up on harry potter books and I know them too well for my own good.

And star wars episode 3 was by far the best out of the latest trilogy made. The first 2 episodes were decent, the 3rd actually was good.

^ yeah, the harry potter books were way better then the movies (read them all),

and dude, revenge of the sith really sucked IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom