The Conroe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
because the fx-62 is not an improvement from and fx-60 which is really old, its just a different platform of ram. but the intel core 2 duo ( conroe) on the other hand, is a whole new processor....ish.

massacreinfallx said:
So can sombody answer my questions lol,

i dont understand it, how can the conroe at 2.66 Ghz get much better benchmarks then a FX-62?

it's just a better overall architecture of the chip, and im not sure how much of a difference it makes but some conroe chips have a 4mb L2 cache.

BoysNightOut said:
processor speed isnt everything

the speed is about the same. the only reason why fx-62 costs so much is because of the unlocked multipliers. in fact isnt the fx-62 2.6GHz, lol.

Conroe uses couple of diffrent technologies that are better than the FX-60's / 62's.

Heres a couple:

A. Conroe uses a 65nano meter technology whilst the FX-60/62 uses a 90 Nano meter technology [This is the size of the transistors, the smaller means more transistors producing less heat and generating more power while consuming less power, and also its cheaper to product :) ]

B. Conroe uses a technology called "Shared Cache" Which is basically means there is one, HUGE cache for both [or in future chips (quad) - all] cores, allowing the cores work better together [and some other stuff which im really lazy to explain, google shared L2 cache or something]

That is just TWO of the major diffrences that are giving conroe a lead over any AMD chip out there nowdays.

-Jo.

massacreinfallx said:
So can sombody answer my questions lol,

Someone already did, do a search. "Conroe" has its own thread for every day of the week for the past month. You'll find all the info you need.

yoad, i never knew of the shared cache thingy with the conroe, seems to make it even better in my eyes.

john3 said:
yoad, i never knew of the shared cache thingy with the conroe, seems to make it even better in my eyes.

Yeah its pretty cool. If one core needs 3mb of cache and the other only needs one, thats how the cache is shared.

yeah thats great, im definatly gonna consider going with the conroe now instead of the AM2, now i dont know why im even bothering asking because 5 diffrent people are just going to tell me to search...BUT,

what kind of selection do they have now as far as conroe mobos?:)

........*trys the search*:\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom