The Britney/Shakira etc Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought i should state the obvious but with some more information. DO NOT click on these links. from what i've been able to gather it's a trojan virus that is most likely spreading itself further i.e. using your computer as a bot to spam forums. rest assured we're trying to get rid of the little [SNIPS] ;) but it's not easy.

Just seconding 'Stick's words. In the past few days we've banned over two dozen or so.

Seems that TF is under attack, so please be patient. Do not click the links. Don't reply to the spam; hit the "Report this post" link and let us know about it.

hmmm i guess if you don't know what we're talking about we're doing our job well :D. obviously we're not leaving these users and their links floating about and if you haven't seen them it's because we got there first. there have been a LOT in the last 24 hours. the guys are generally just hi-jacking threads with a short message to the effect of:
wow!
[link snipped]
regards, [user snipped]

basically do not touch the link.

I reported one of those yesterday. The file that needs to download is blocked on IE7 and FF unless ofcourse the users accepts it which I wouldnt doubt if that had already happened. I check it out but it wasnt that big of a deal but still a nuisance

It was like goldencodec.exe or something, I tried running it in wine and it called for midi stuff, then failed. :p I want to see what it does, maybe I should fire up VMware and test it! :D

nitestick said:
hmmm i guess if you don't know what we're talking about we're doing our job well :D. obviously we're not leaving these users and their links floating about and if you haven't seen them it's because we got there first.

I've reported about 10 of those,When i did i didn't even see one mod online :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom