The ancient war between: DirectX and OpenGL...??

Which would you choose?

• nvidia 6600gt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ati x800gt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
I wanted to yere yallz opinions on them. I personaly would go for OpenGL over DirectX, but i don't expect anyone to agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... :ugly: :cool:

Well, Doom 3 currently has the best graphics of any game and its in OpenGL....which pretty much all of Carmacks engines have been done in. Unreal Engine 3 is going to be in DX9-SM3 and its going to look AMAZING! I have to say i like DX9 and OpenGL about equal.

Whatever the game is optimized for, it will run best on. They are both excellent, but if I were to choose a favorite, I'dd go with DX, just because a lot more games use it.

Dana69 said:
Whatever the game is optimized for, it will run best on. They are both excellent, but if I were to choose a favorite, I'dd go with DX, just because a lot more games use it.

That ^^ sead!!!

Over all DX because just about all the games that I play are using it.

Re: "Cow..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
Are there any other ones besides the three up there? :cool:
I did not even know that there was more than 2......... :confused:

It's not like this is a nVidia Vs. ATI. As along as the game works in the end. Who really cares if it's DirectX or Open GL.

"IS there another one?..."

Because there are some graphics cards that work faster on one, and slower on the other. For instance an ATi RADEON 9500 is the undesputed KING of OpenGL, while i'ts pretty decent (But not as good as) with DX. :confused:

I was curios because somone chose "other" in the poll. lol :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom