Thanks to all our Troops, Past and Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaymate

Golden Master
Today is Memorial Day in the USA and I would like to Thank all of our Troops serving to protect the Freedoms we all take for granted. I would especially like to Thank all of our Fallen Troops and their Families for their Ultimate Sacrifice. God Bless You All.

I hope everyone has a Great Day, stay safe.

Yeah this day is important for those of us to reflect on pass friends or family members who have barely escaped war or have died falling hard in battle wether past or current.
Even though this is a United States holiday still give a little respect to those countries who have helped the USA out through thick and thin.
Even I know some people who are fighing a war with the USA now as I currently type this down and hope for their safety back to their homeland.

-5/30/2011-

Hopefully this afghanistan war will drop soon in the coming year or so.

Just because the head man is dead doesn't mean terrorism will stop. I foresee this as an neverending battle.

Kudos too those who served. Giving up their life to protect our country.

My family hasn't lost a service member since WWII, thankfully. I lost a great-uncle in WWII and had quite a few others who served in both WWII and Korea. I had three uncles in Vietnam and they all made it back.

I have reflected back on those who have served today, especially on those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country. While all here enjoy freedom, it has a different meaning here in the US. I would guess that's because we are still a fairly young nation and the memory of the lives lost to earn and keep our freedom is still fresh in our corporate memory.

Day is done, gone the sun
From the lakes, from the hills, from the sky
All is well, safely rest
God is near.
Fading light dims the sight
And a star gems the sky, gleaming bright
From afar, drawing near
Falls the night.
Thanks and praise for our days
Neath the sun, neath the stars, neath the sky
As we go, this we know
God is near.

I'm a day late :doh:. Anyways I don't live in the US but I am thankful still for what y'all soldiers do :). Hats off to them :). Also after watching the movie Restrepo...I really appreciate everything they do in all seriousness. Like I said, hats off to them :).

I'm glad people remember there are other countries than the US. I see so many of these kind of things around the internet, on YouTube and stuff, without thought of the other numerous countries in wars too, with or without the US.

Anyone fighting for there country for a good cause deserves a lot of respect. To potentially stare death in the face everyday while carrying out your job takes a lot of courage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom