TFT Monitor Hissing noises

donkey

Solid State Member
I have just purchased a dell 19" TFT monitor two days ago, and today i notice it is hissing like mad (not continuously) from the back of the monitor. it isnt affecting performance, but doesnt sound good. is this normal, or is it about to pack in already??

any advice appreciated. thanks.

no that is not normal. call dell (aka india lol) and get it replaced as soon as possiblole. or it could be the fan hitting something.

This is not normal, no. If the sound is not coming from built in speakers, I would suggest you ask them to replace it.

lol....no, monitors aren't supposed to make noise. Soimething is amiss inside and you need to get it replaced ASAP.

This is fairly common on old crappy monitors, however yours is brand new and should not do this.

They also tend to die after they start hissing as well.

i have found out the cause of this problem, if you have the resolution set to a level different from the recommended one the monitor can not handle it and starts making that noise, i have now changed it to the recommended setting (highest resolution) so should be ok now i hope.........

Still... I don't see why that would cause problems. They should be capable of switching without problems, except for the fact of stretching pixels.

They can change the resollution because it may have not been inplemented on the chip to refuse that certain resolution. Screens have difficulty to handle it, so that hissing noise is the screen being "OCed"

On the other hand, hissing on the screen is not normal during those normal settings and operation. Although, if you put your ear close to the screen, you will hear a bit of noise, but that's fairly normal. Mine does it, but when it's time to hear it loud, it's not normal.

Back
Top Bottom