TF i need a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
neweyedeya18 said:
i doubt if he wanst a crown vic he will drive a hybrid.

the 99 prelude must have been beat by the way to lose to a cherokee. ive been in a fair share of cherokees and preludes my old girls type sh was fast as balls bone stock.

of the line im sure an automatic cherokee pinned will beat someone who doesnt know how to drive in a prelude. dotn mean to argue tho...
anyways in respect to this thread try police impounds or even just an old cop car. you will probably find the price you are wanting and im sure there are tons in each state. theres one not 2 towns over from me. goodluck with the car shopping

lol why does everyone understimate the power of these things
in the other jeep thread everyone was like no theres no way an suv is fast theyre all slow. yeah theyre big but they have huge engines.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5117352782764039331&q=jeep+grand+cherokee
guy has about 4k in engine upgrades and thats about it
since its has a quadtrac 4wheel drive it doesnt burn out and can accelerate alot faster than fwd cars, which basically burn out if you floor it if the engine is powerful enough.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
aerodynamicy doesn't have a whole heck of a lot to do with it till you hit ~70, then it starts dropping.

The reason the mileage sucks is because that tiny engine can't keep up with the big clunker it has to pull around. It's like the Isuzu Rodeo my girl had before we started dating. (She happily drives a Ford Bronco now) It was a 4 banger pullin an SUV. What genius thought that up? 4 cylinders, and it got 22mpg on an average day. Sometimes it was worse. Compared to my 351 getting 18? Cube for cube, do the math.

You want to talk gas mileage then..? Check out the focus, the fusion, the cobalt. Whatever suits your fancy.

I'm not completely anti-foreign car, but I don't like the reasons people buy them, because they're simply invalid. These cars are all comparable. And with this crazy rumor that hondas and toyotas 'last forever,' they're bringing down the american market. It totally blows.

Ryan

The Honda Element and Honda CR-V share the same 4 cylinder DOHC i-VTEC engine. The Element gets 22/25 mpg, while the CR-V gets 23/30 mpg. Aerodynamics have a considerable effect on gas mileage.

curtcheese64 said:
The Honda Element and Honda CR-V share the same 4 cylinder DOHC i-VTEC engine. The Element gets 22/25 mpg, while the CR-V gets 23/30 mpg. Aerodynamics have a considerable effect on gas mileage.

um how bout weight... how much does the cr-v weigh in comparison to the element

Crysalis said:
he wants a V8... not a ceiling fan.

A friend of mine has a 94 SS impala... took me for a ride in it. Got to 150 EASILY. Aerodynamics were excellent... gas mileage is just as good.

Amazing car. Only thing I dont like about them is no TACH!!!

ah didn't know he wanted a V8 I just sorta jumped right in seeing as you were talking about gas milage.

yea no offense lord anthrax but a V8 sounds a pinch better than a hybrid. bet your computer is louder than a hybrid engine.

lol why does everyone understimate the power of these things
i have been in a mid 90's cherokee 4.0l and a 2004 (or 5 cant remember) with a hemi and the hemi cooked like a mother f*cker BUT that car is well above 30k so i dunno its not that they cant be fast i just dont seem that many jeep street rods. plus i hate suv's unless its a h1 or fj40 those things are sick

neweyedeya18 said:
yup
32v northstar v8

i drove one

i own a 54 and i love that caddy

but, i test drove the cts, and i really got on it, in corners, and it handles better than my dads corvette to be honost, and is faster, but, im not dishing out that money, (35 k used) and i am also, i like crown vics becuase they are the best all around cars, and thares fast, thare slow, thare granny cars, they can be cool, they can offroad (long story)

The panther body kicks ***

now, i planned on getting a cop vic, but they are maintiance hogs. I was looking into replacing all the stock components with ones from the mercury maruder, as it is faster, and stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom