TF Hardware Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I started this proof read please 

A. AMD vs Intel Today
B. Lower End Nvidia 8 series vs High-End 7 series and High-end ATI Radeon x1000 series vs the Lower End HD2000's series

a. Today AMD and Intel are still the major players in the world of computing, but the recent release of the Core Architecture (2005) based on Pentium 3 and on the 65nm process has made Intel leader in the high-end CPU market and with competitive pricing AMD still has control of the budget market, however AMD still use the 90nm process on Windsor Processor, and the Brisbane Processor's run on the 65nm process like Intel's Core 2 Duo.

Also noteworthy are the Intel Extreme Editions and AMD FX processors, which are aid heavily in the overclocking with the unlocked multipliers, but come at a very steep price, usually $1,000 or more…..

Next worth mentioning is the Quad-Core is released too, AMD has Quad-FX which is the 7-series FX that use two dual-core CPU's on one motherboard that is dual-socket. Intel has the q6600, q6700, qx6700, qx6800 and qx6850 which use the system used by the Pentium D which uses two P4's on one die, while the Core 2 Quad's use two Dual-Cores in one. Today Intel's own current records for overclocking and for 3dmark06

Also remember that the low-end Core 2 Duo's do have low clock speeds... but that doesn't matter..........

ok... thats what i got for Part A which i did almost a month ago... but i didn't do part b.... yet..... i'll work on that this weekend

EDIT: looking at this I've noticed that i haven't finished part a yet either...

b. Recently, both Nvidia and AMD (ATI) released “budget” DX 10 video cards:

Nvidia's:

8400gs
8500gt
8600gt
8600gts

ATI/AMD:

HD2400PRO
HD2400XT
HD2600PRO
HD2600XT

These “budget” cards just stinks in Benchmarks and Gaming Synthetic Benchmarks, and most people new to the world of technology thinks they perform great thinking of their model being higher and relating it to the HD2900XT and 8800GTX, but to prove how crappy they were, in a commonly used program by enthusiasts (3DMark06):

0,1425,i=180632,00.gif

The best use for these cards are in HTPC's as they don't dispense a lot of heat…

The lower-end DX9 cards seem to crush these lower end cards in games, my point is… even though the DX10 has the eye candy, whats the point of the eye candy if you have to drop the settings to play it with the eye candy

EDIT: here it is.. i finished it due to boredom disorder......... any suggestions welcomed... and i'll ask b1gapl to edit it later..

edit:

12-chart_coh_1024_aa_af.png

i want that benchmark to replace the one i used on the post up there ^

b1gapl can you edit that old post and throw in what i did or should i make a new thread

wow...why isnt anyone one here..

This is usefull info for noobs.

eh.. its cool i guess...

but i read what you said b4... "You may become a mod because of this" well thanks.. but Mod life might be hard... but if i get a chance i may take it...

eh.. its cool i guess...

but i read what you said b4... "You may become a mod because of this" well thanks.. but Mod life might be hard... but if i get a chance i may take it...

well your young and got time on your hands...so you should be a mod...and your good at things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom