TF Advanced Section Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
now I know that TF is mostly 13-16 year olds, but still. There of those of us, myself included, that are becoming a little to advanced and knowledged to stay here, and we need to go over to www.xtremesystems.com and like forums to satisfy our need for knowledge. I'm not trying to sound cocky here, but it is a problem. I have moved on to phase change cooling and some advance overclocking, and there are lots of other members who are in the same boat. Maybe not with the phase change, but with the xtreme OCing. I think we should put up an advanced section, for discussions like phase change and other advanced things that we do not cuirrently have a section for.

I know this is pretty much a 'begginers' forum, and when you outgrow this one it is time to move on but many of us are partial to TF and do not want to move to another one. XS is far too big, and most posts just slip thru the cracks and never even get read! This section should have some stickies to advanced projects, a gallery for sick modded out machines, and so on.

I have so many informative links that I could put up, but I would get yelled at for them being "useless". Translation: They are too advanced for some peoples' minds.

**This is not an idea to berrate people who are new, or to think we are better than you. This is just an idea so we dont have people who dont know what they are talking about comming in and asking benign questions, or ones that can be answered elsewhere. Please, no one take offense to this idea**

Although the section wouldnt apply to many people here, it might be a good idea.

My only questions are: How do you make it a separate section than our current OCing section? What makes "Extreme" overclocking, as compared to regular overclocking?

Different levels of cooling or whatnot. I have gotten yelled at for posting "worthless information" (kinda seems like an oxymoron) about advanced methods of cooling because "noone here will ever do things like that". Thats what I mean about xtreme. As far as other methods of overclocking, I dont know. Maybe then a topic for advanced methods of cooling. Could also have topics on volt modding, and different things of that nature.

Maybe it would start to apply to people here though, if we had the topic to be discusxsed. Several members (Wayniac comes to mind) knew nothing of the subject of Phase Change, but as soon as he found out he became VASTLY interested in the subject. I know for one he would be abig fan of a topic like this.

We could at least use this topic as a stepping stone for the people who are prepared to go to the next level of extreme with their rigs.

I think it's time to take TF to the next level...

i would greatly appreciate something like this. i dont go to xtreme for one reason........its way to big for me. when i came here i thought it was to big but ive gotten used to it but i went over there and BAM. way to big. but i would like osmethimg like this cause it would help me learn more and i think more than just a coupla ppl are interested in this.

Help to sell the idea to Mod's then. To get this going on it needs lots of support and recommendations. I think it would serve to be hughely helpful for people. XS is just too big an overwhelming for most people, which is why I'm not always there but I am always here.

Before something like this would be possible, first we need to get more advanced members here. As of now, probably more than 3/4 of the active members of TF are under 16. Many of them (but not all of them) are gamers only and know just enough about hardware to build a gaming PC. I too would like to see more participation from 18+ people. If we were to get more advanced people here at TF, we wouldn't need a section like that, because more advanced minded threads would flood the existing forums here. The question is, how are we going to attract these people.

P.S. Why is it that it seems the forum is flooded with 13-16 year olds but there are VERY few people 17 and older? What is it about this forum that attracts only kids? Sure, we need them as much as anybody else, but it is a problem when a forum like this is ALL kids and no mature people.

I think the older ppl come here looking for something advaced but dont find anything to their liking so they take off. If we HAD a section that is advaced then maybe the older pl would start to come in and i would learn alot more lol.

Well, the thing is, this is really a starter forum. You can learn anything basic to do with computers, and some midly advanced stuff. Which is why people go over to XS or elsewhere. If we had a topic like that, it would attract more people. I am ALWAYS trying to get my friends to come over here, some do some dont. I think it would also boost the knowledge and, dare I say, maturity level of some people if we had a topic where the older more advanced people could really hang out and test their knowledge. TF is no longer a knowledge tester for me, it's just now someplace I come to have fun. I enjoy helping people, but it gets kind of monotonous sometimes. People just post without searching, or post the most lame things ever.

BeeDub, I would really like you to do whatever it takes to make this become a reality. Since you are all for it, that helps a great deal. Relying on more advanced people to come here to be able to make the topic is like a catch 22. No one is going to come here without a topic like that, but in order to get a topic like that we need more people here. Make it and see what happens. We can always delete it later.

IMO doing this would have a domino effect on TF, in which it would explode and we would start to see a huge increase in the amount of members.

I dont care if the members are young or old. I just care about the maturity level.

I dont like to see stupid, immature stuff like: "That video card sux, get 2 6800 Ultras in SLI."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom