Tethering

Ossy3

Beta member
Hey Guys,

sorry if i'm posting on the wrong sub-topic, but my question relates to tethering. Anyways I tethered my phone to a laptop a couple of weeks ago for about 5-10 minutes. I have a 4G iPhone 5, and apparently i used 480 mb of data in 5-10 minutes. My question is , with your experience can this be possible? And also is there anyway that i could view my tethering history and data used on the laptop or iphone?

Thanks guys!

4G does use a lot of data and it also depends on what your doing whether it be looking on Facebook or downloading a file. What carrier are you with, Whoever you are with you should be able view your usage online.

I'm with vodafone, and apparently i download some windows updates, or the laptop must have automatically downloaded it by using the tethering.

a windows update could easily be over 500mb so yes.. Windows by default will automatically download updates.

a windows update could easily be over 500mb so yes.. Windows by default will automatically download updates.

Yes it will, If you want you can set it so that Windows will check for updates but you can choose whether to download and install them.

3yYxSor.png

Believe it or not just standard web browsing can use up more bandwidth than you would think. As suggested Windows updates, also if you have an online backup system installed and forgot about it.

Background updates of other software i.e. Adobe Reader, Flash, browser updates of Firefox, Seamonkey and others. Even using a mail client like Outlook or others. If you get a lot of spam or even regular emails with attachments...this all ads up and has no problems equalling 500Mb of data when all combined together...in the modern day of broadband conserving bandwidth is no longer something that programers or regular people worry about like they used to...

Back
Top Bottom