Testing a Laptop LCD

spike47

Baseband Member
Hi there

I have a Latitude D600 and the screen 14.1" has gone blackish , you can see the backlight in the background , it will come on sometimes , I have checked the lcd lead with a ohm meter and it seems to be ok , not sure what the the problem is , when I connect it to a external monitor it works ok , the backlight is coming .I suspect it is the LCD , but I would like to check for sure before I part with my hard earned cash .

Question , I have a spare 17.1" LCD from a Toshiba P200 , with the same Connector on the LCD ( 30pin ) could I use that with the Dell Invertor to see if there is a signal / feed from the MoBo connector .

thank you

spike

The fact that your laptop can fire up another external monitor really doesn't isolate the problem to the panel on your laptop. It could be the connection to the LCD from the mobo or the panel itself.

The fact that your laptop can fire up another external monitor really doesn't isolate the problem to the panel on your laptop. It could be the connection to the LCD from the mobo or the panel itself.

Hi

That is why I have a asked the question , re another Panel/Screen so that I can isolate the Panel and or cable , pls read my thread again .

thank you

spike

Back
Top Bottom