test video card to see if its bad?

pitbull30

Baseband Member
Is there a way to test a video card to see if its bad? or going bad?

I ask because I have been having intermittent lines and jumps on my screen. I am running my PC through a LCD TV.

I sent the TV out under warranty and they replaced one part. Then I got it back and it did it again.

I sent the TV back out and they said they tested it for a week and didnt see what I was talking about. This leads me to believe maybe my video card is going out? Its a XFX GTS 250. DVI to HDMI input.

Thanks

Could be artifacting due to dying PSU? But for the most part, I'd agree with Rohan. Run it through various programs/test and post the results here so we can determine if it's normal.

Is your a standard clock version, SC, SSC? Have you ever overclocked it?

Well the whole PC is pretty new. Im trying to narrow down things. In furmark it runs fine. Its a real intermittent problem. Right now im running without the card just off the ASUS otherboard and I get a tiny flicker now and again.

Im starting to think now it might be my cable company DVR. Either though it is off Im thinking it is still sending some signals because I can always hear the hard drive turning in that DVR.

Never overclocked it. Its a standard version.

Back
Top Bottom