Temps to high?

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
I was just playing BF2 and I started getting artifacts and I couldn't figure out why, I havent overclocked my card so that wasnt it, but then I went to see what my temps are at. Well I looked and my card was running at 60* C, that seems really high to me. Could that be whats causing the artifacts?

my best guss is that, something is wrong with ur cooling system and its not cooling the card enough so thats cause probs.....lol just a guess tho

60c is not alot for a vid card. lots run up to 90c. so it is not temps. are you ocing it or have u unlocked pipes?

60 isn't high enough to cause artifacts. a Nvidia 6600gt slow down from heat is 127c. Did you check your CPU temps?

Dishdog said:
60 isn't high enough to cause artifacts. a Nvidia 6600gt slow down from heat is 127c. Did you check your CPU temps?

actually its more like 113, it just says 127. anyhoo when my card hits high 60's i start seeing artifacts and stuff starts getting all weird and i start seeing checkered patterns and such..its probably ur cooling on ur card

That's strange how you are seeing artifacts at stock speeds. Are you playing the game at max settings? If so, try lowering it and see what happens. 60 degrees celsius is nothing really. Mine can go as high as 95 degrees during gameplay!!

Yeah its mostly at max settings, just my sucky memory is holding me back from completly max settings

EDIT: I dont really feel like starting a new thread just for this little question but do you think I will see a big difference between my current memory(512mb of some crappy memory and 512mb of corsair xms) and this memory
-G. Skill Extreme Series 1GB(2 x 512mb)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231006

No. The memory you have now will default to the lower memory speed settings. You will see a bigger difference upgrading to 2GB memory. Higher memory timings and clock speeds will only benefit if you are planning to increase the front side bus of your processor. Benefits of CAS latency are minimal.

As for the graphics issue. Is your power supply up to the job of supporting the card? I notice you have a swanky 7800 series. Could be a problem with drivers or BAttlefield 2 not supporting certain features. AA or AF may be causing problems or shaders. Look for updated drivers or patches for BF 2

If it's not onboard graphics card, then disable onboard video in BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom