Temping sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok well i get another knock on my pay this month. I was already ready for the 3 holidays im not going to get paid for. Thats 300 bucks basically out of the budget, now i get informed that the half day allstaff meeting i dont come in until after lunch, so thats another 4 hours of pay i'll be missing. Man this hurts. So far im out 350 bucks from holidays and another 400 for my plane ticket home. Time to sign up for another 0% interest credit card.
/rant

edit: at least i can get drunk and stay up playing gears of war tonight :) silver lining i guess.

I feel your pain. My company is tightening the belt for the rest of the quarter... no overtime, no weekends, and cut loose all the temps. It's nice to get a little rest, but it is killing the billfold.

Ya, im just clinging on dealing with whatever comes my way. There is a proposed IT position in the 08 budget so hopefully i'll get on full time at the beginning of the year. I also thought about it on the way home, i can actually go register my car tommorow. Ive been waiting for the chance to get to the dmv but couldnt find the time to take off and lose the hours. Now im forced to take the time off, might as well use it effectively.

The place where I'm at now seems pretty generous with the overtime. Work a scheduled 8 hour shift and then spend 1-2 hours closing the store every night. Cuts into the school and free time, sure, but it's worth it when the checks come and I see that 15-20 extra hours of sweet sweet overtime pay every 2 weeks.

Trotter, if anybody deserves a break from work it's you. At least you can finally relax a little. Don't you go to school full time too, now? I work and do school both full time and it's a killer but if I recall, you work more hours per week at what's likely a much higher stress position and I'm sure you take more credits than I do, too (12/semester). I'm barely hanging on myself; I don't know how you do it...

Yeah. plus, right now I am involved with a holiday food ministry (there goes Monday nights), I'm teaching teen club at church (there goes Wednesday night), and am part of the visitation ministry (there goes Thursday night and Sunday afternoon). The visitation one is winding down for the semester, so it only has about three weeks left, and the holiday food one will wind up at Christmas. Teen club may last a while until we find someone permanent.

I'm doing my college through the University of Phoenix online, so it is two classes (6 credits) every nine weeks. It's not bad, but it keeps me busy.

Trotter you have one full secdual where do you find the time to use your computer - that escapes me.

Recently with my work schedual I am hard pushed to find a dew hours a week for important stuff like sleeping, eating an using the internet. 8am - 8pm shifts are a little hard on the system but the pay makes up for it.

Heh dont worry, i'm a master at credit manipulation. I have had credit cards for 12 years and i have never paid a cent in interest :)

At least you're online, then, Trotter. 3/4 of my classes are online as well and it's the only way I'm getting by right now. If I didn't have that level of flexibility I don't know what I'd do. I'm not sure how well next semester is going to pan out for that, either, since my college doesn't offer all that many online options. We'll see, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom