Temperture chalange Speccy!

donetao

Banned
Hi! Here's my temps for my Toshiba lap top. This is what Speccy says my temps are.
See if you can do better than my Toshiba.:rolleyes:
PS When it the last time you cleaned the dust from your computer??
Heat is the number one killer of computers. Lap tops tend to run hotter than desk tops. Make sure your vents are clean.:angel: Just trying to keep the forum interesting. I know you geeks know all these things. This is for our guests and members that may not know these things:whistling:I try!!:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4sumDY5mhI

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture49.JPG
    Capture49.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi Here's another freeware program to check your temps. It also has a nice feature to test your HDD. IMHO it's always good to know what condition your HDD is in. Mine is looking pretty good at the moment. I know that could all change tomorrow!! Have questions?? Just ask!! I'm always trying to think of things to keep the forum alive and active. I try!!:whistling: Speedfan is a nice little free program to have in your arsenal !! Give it a look!
I challenge you to the speedfan HDD test also.
Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

HDDStatus - Tool to check hard disk status, health and reliability

Attachments

• Capture51.jpg
    Capture51.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Temps depend on what's running. If you have software running in the background your temps will be higher. My CPU runs with ESET Security Suite 8 in the background at 123F.

As for speedfan, it's inaccurate. HDDStatus simply pulls the SMART data off the drives. You'd be better off looking in drive manager to get a better picture. If you have doubts about your drives the ultimate answer is to download the diag software from the manufactures website. If there's a problem you have the programs right there to take a stab at fixing it. If you really want to wipe a drive there's a recertify program that will do that too. At least that's what my WD diag software does.

Not every lappy is made the same. In some the temp sensors are not there or they're not accessible from external software. Some sensor controller chips like Winbond have many different versions of them and may be read wrong if even they can be accessed. Or the program you use like speedfan even supports the chip.

I use CPUID HWMonitor for one simple reason. They keep it up to date with the major sensor controller chips. Which makes it a hell of a lot more accurate than speedfan.
Get CPUID HWMonitor here: Download HWMonitor - MajorGeeks

Hi setishock! thanks for your reply. CPUID is also very good software. I don't rely on just one program to monitor temps and my HDD condition. I use seatools to test my HDD. The best way to test for temps is by feeling your lap top to see if it's hot. If it shuts off occasionally without warning, time for some action. I have found that speedfan reads about the same as other programs I use.
14 Free Hard Drive Testing Tools (Updated July 2015)

Back
Top Bottom