Temperatures

***Taken from EVEREST Home Edition (Free) 2.0:

CPU - 23 Degrees Celsius
GPU - 58 Degrees Celsius
HDD - 37 Degrees Celsius

I'm worried about GPU temperature although I am fully aware that it should be able to withstand temperatures much higher than that. Nothing is OCed. It came with a fan but I'm not sure if I should be able to control it. I completely skipped the driver installation from the CD and downloaded the latest from nVidia's website. Anything I can do other than buy another fan for it? Maybe some program I can download to increase fan speed?

idle? thats somewhat bad, i get the temp a little higher gaming , whats the stress temp?

play a game real fast if the temps are in the 70+ area id start to worry but it won't kill it, you can wait a while at those temps to go get a new fan, just order one of newegg if you are able to you can get a nice silent one for like 20.

You're worried about that GPU? That's pretty cool man. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, the GPU is usually hot.. Well hotter than the CPU. What may be high for a CPU is usually the norm for the GPU. My HD3870 Idles around the same temps your GPU does, so no need to worry.

Ok, about to run 3dmark06. Wish me luck =p

edit: Scores are in; GPU temperature went to 65 degrees Celsius during tests.

SM 2.0 Score: 2047
SM 3.0 Score: 1856
CPU Score: 2110

Total: 4934

Does this look about right for my specs?

your temps are fine man i would'nt worry about tit at all dude.

lols my 8400 was 40 i just looked at my new one the 9600 gso its 60 your card is more than fine dude.

Your temps are fine, don't worry about it. Rivatuner should be able to control your fan if you want to.

Back
Top Bottom