Temperature issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

stw85

Beta member
Hello guys, i just buy a new PC recently with Pentium D dual-core 3.0 processor.

I'm found that the processor zone temperature is about 60c-70c, and system zone 1&2 about 50-60c all the times, is that normal?

Oh my god no, that's extremely dangerous temperatures for your CPU. How many fans are in your PC? Is the fan on your heatsink spinning? You may want to take the HSF off your CPU and apply some Arctic Silver 5 or another thermal compound, because that could be the issue. Also, what program are you using to read your temperatures?

that's actually not uncommon for Pentium D's
if you're worried about the temperatures, then get a new cooler.

mine is a Thermaltake Sonic Tower, with 2 120mm fans. keeps my Sempron 2800+ (overclocked) at or below 28ºC at all times (even when at 100% load for over a day)

i'm using intel desktop utilities to detect the temperature.

bios also has a function to detect the temperature, it is same degree with what i've detected by using the software.

apokalipse said:
that's actually not uncommon for Pentium D's
if you're worried about the temperatures, then get a new cooler.

You must be thinking of fahrenheit!!! The thermal spec of a Pentium D is 69c, Which means thats when melt down starts.

Dude you have a major problem going on, Do not run that machine until you figure it out. Are you sure you are reading in Celsius? Make sure the cpu Heatsink Fan is spinning, and Make sure it isn't plugged with dust bunny's.

Edit - 69c is if it's a 830 PD if its the newer 930 PD then the thermal spec is 63c

its too hot man.. is your fan working ??.. if yes, there is some problem with heat sink compound or PSU. replace your heat sink compound with artic silver 5.. its a great product.. Trust me I had this problem once and artic silver worked wonders for me ...

There's your problem the cpu fan is spinning WAY!! to slow 1300 rpm would be ok if it was a 120mm fan. If it is running at 60c the fan should be screaming at 5000+ rpm. Take the side off the computer and make sure the fan is plugged into the CPU/fan connector. If it is then try another connector on the board. You said this is a new PC, well bring it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom