Tell me what you think

crx1207

Solid State Member
Ive been researching to no end trying to put together a list for my new build here is what ive come up with so far.

MOBO: EVGA 780i (dont rly need 3xsli but heard the boards very stable for OCing & i need 6xsata connectors)
Processor: Q6600 (3.0 on air)(3.6 lapped on water later) <--- are these #'s feasible?
Ram: G.skill Blue ddr2 800 8gb (4x2gb)
Case: Antec 1200
Video Card: Asus 7600gs silent (what i have laying around)
HDD's: 1.) WD Raptor 74gb 10000rpm(OS)
2.)WD 640gb 7200rp 32mb cache(storage)
PSU: Cosair 620w
Optical Drives: 2x Asus 22x dvd burners
CPU cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight
OS: Win xp pro 64 or win vista HP 64 <--- which would be better, im also concerned about compatibility

I do alot of media editing (audio, video, graphical). and use my comp. for entertainment purposes as well, i think the only bottelneck i would be looking at would be my graphics card, ive been looking at workstation cards but thier a little out of my price range right now... (ne one have exp with a 8800gt for media editing?)
thanks in advance for all you advice

Nice looking setup except for the video card. I would suggest the 9800GT as it's basically an updated version of the 8800GT and it should handle your needs quite easily.

Unless you are using old, outdated software, you would be better off installing Vista 64. It will make full use of all your available memory and is fully compatible with your new hardware and any recent software.

If you are going to spend so much for the rpm's why not go SSD?

i didnt think of that, ill have to look into that

how much are you looking to spend on a gfx card.

get vista 64-bit

a/o right now my budget wont allow more than $100

Nice looking setup except for the video card. I would suggest the 9800GT as it's basically an updated version of the 8800GT and it should handle your needs quite easily.

Unless you are using old, outdated software, you would be better off installing Vista 64. It will make full use of all your available memory and is fully compatible with your new hardware and any recent software.

i think i might just save for a 9800gt, i use FL studio, Cubase 5, Vegas Studio and cs3 mostly.

I used to do video editing with my 8800GT. It did a good job. But, my Core 216 destroys it. I loved my 8800GT. I sold it to someone on this forum. Check out the Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evolution. It's a bit pricey, but it's an amazing case. I just got mine in yesterday and I got everything working today.

that cool master is awesome, im going with the antec 1200 because of where the watercooling holes are, and the fan set up of course...

the stacker pwns all. I think it might even have watercooling holes. A ton of fans also.

idk ask Rohan lol

the stacker pwns all. I think it might even have watercooling holes. A ton of fans also.

idk ask Rohan lol

I only have 7 fans in mine right now. The heatsink stops me from putting one in the side panel and the fact I don't have anymore 120mm fans left is the second show stopper. It has watercooling holes and airflow that could keep ice cream frozen.

Back
Top Bottom