Tell me How good my computer i'm building is

golf_addict73

In Runtime
this is my first build and have a budget of $580.....tell me what you think about my computer....I'm not a big gamer and rarely ever play high graphic games.....

case-thermaltake Soprano ATX mid tower
PSU-thermaltake silent purepower 480W power supply
Mobo-ASUS socket 939 pro ATX AMD compatible motherboard
processor-AMD athlon 3000+ Venice 1GHz socket 939
Hard drive- maxtor Diamondmax 250GB 7200RPM IDE ultra ATA 133
memory-gigaram 512MB 184-pin DDR 400
video card-3D fuzion geforce MX4000 128MB DDR PCI Video card
CD-Drive-LITE-ON Black IDE DVD-rom

Let me know what i could improve on.....I;ve already purchased the power supply and case and should be coming in the next week sometime......please help me out but make sure i stay inside my small budget

Everything looks good. If you to improve on your components, the price will go up and I don't think you want that. That power supply looks good, but may be overkill for what you have. It's still good to have though if you're willing to pay for it. The video card looks pretty ancient. I would get at least a Geforce FX video card. The RAM is at the minimum so it should be ok. Get a DVD burner instead instead of just a ROM. The hard drive will work fine and even if you get a newer SATA drive, you probably won't notice too much of a difference anyways.

Is that a PCI-e supported motherboard? If not, than you can get this for the video card:

CHAINTECH SA5200-256 Geforce FX5200 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814145083

For DVD RW drive, get this one:

LG Beige 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 5X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827136064

NOte that you may need to purchase additional software for burning if it doesn't come with one or just use Media Player.

Back
Top Bottom