Television tuner question.

k2000k

Solid State Member
Looking around in fry's today for a graphics card with a tv tuner. I found some, but I also found a sony 17" LCD HD capable monitor with a built in tv tuyner. My question is should I just spring for the monitor. (I am assuming that with the monitor I would not need any software because I was able to watch the price is right on the monitor in fry's with out a computer in sight of the monitor.)

Generally, from what I know, a built in t.v. tuner would be better than a pci tuner. WHy? well, to use the tuner on your comp you take up memory, space for another slot, etc. A built in tuner in the lcd is easier because of the integration, the easier of use. I'm pretty sure you can still record t.v. program's with the built in tuner like a pci tuner... so yeah, integrated in lcd is better, that is, from what I know. I have a pci tuner and it works fine, though, and I have no problems really at all but I do wish I could have another slot so that I could use a more powerful graphics card... yeah....

Back
Top Bottom