Technology worse than pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
There is an ongoing study out now about the use of technology and the impact it has on the human condition. Always being available, whether it is through IM's or Email os TXT messaging, is a major source of stress... And IQ lowering. For people who spend all day on the computer, messaging peopel and emailing people, their IQ lowers (approimately) 10 points. To put that in perspective, smoking pot only lowers it 4 points.

This is for all you people out there who say that smokign weed is the worst thign in the world, but you spend all day in front of the computer. Bunch of hypocrites.

Stoners: 1, You: 0

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/05/04/HP.TMP&type=tech

I don't say smoking pot is the worst thing in the world, I just don't do it. Little would change with the legalization if it. Its not like they strictly enforce the marijuana laws now. Also, it is talking about using instant messaging services and email while on the job...not merely using the computer a little too much.

It is not bad I had the some highest scores in school on my state tests and I was not sober been doing it for over a year they should make it legal.My friends joke that i some how cheated.
5 out of 5 others scored 2-3 out of 5
4 out of 5 othes scored 2-3 out of 5
and 300s to 400s while other kids scored in the200s

I didnt mean to turn this into an argument for the legalization of pot, but to show the impact of technology on ones IQ.

That is but one report on the subject, BeeDub. It is just showing that as a comparison. You think that instant messaging only while you are at work will lower your IQ? But you are completely fine if you do it while you are at home? It is talking about people using it as a whole, no matter where they are.

No i don't want it to turn into an argument either.I just find it funny.But when I am doing it I am outside running around and just havin fun with good friends.Not downing computers (I am going to save up to build a new one by routing funds from elsewere)but when I am not out I am just at home on my comp eating chips.Pot helps you metabolism too the catch is is the munchies those are a ***** so what I do is smoke before I eat dinner or lunch and some times a wake-n-bake before breakfast and I have lost wieght by being out more.

Nah that is not how it was at least in my case I knew these kids for years even when they started they did outcast me because I did not.I started because I was curious I was not infulenced by others and when i told my friends i wanted to try they asked my r u sure they did not pressure me into it.

People who pressure you into that are not your friends. Man, if you dont want to smoke it, than dont. If someone says you cant hang out with them if you dont, tell them to go f**k themselves and get new friends. They shold accept you for you, and not for what you do or dont do. I have plenty of friends who dont smoke it. Granted, it's a little bit more difficult to find something to do when I'm with them, but i certainly dont outcast them for it. I jhoke with them once in a while, ask them if they want to join me, but I leave it at No when they answer me.

BeeDub, you should not have to smoke it just to be accepted. If you are doing so to be cool, I have less respect for you than I previously though. You seem very smart, and smart people are not influenced by that shit. If you dont want to partake in the activities at hand, than dont. People offer it to you, turn it down. If they force it on you, it's really your choice, but I would tell them to fu*k off and go find something else to do. What you do is your choice, noone elses'. Someone who is your friend is not going to give you shit because you dont want to do something. Think for yourself, only BeeDub is in charge of BeeDub's head.

Yah beedubaya don't let people influence u do what u want to do.Do not let other people change your morals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom