Technology related pranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
Recently at my house, my house mates and I have been playing pranks on each other. I thought we could share any technology related pranks for insperation and laughs.

The first one was where I took a spare power cord and clipped off the two metal connectors that plug into the wall. I left the grounded plug so it would stay in the socket. I continued to plug it into his power supply as normal. The pay off came when my house mate spent half an hour and opened up his case to figure out why the computer wasn't posting.

The second prank involved my other house mate. I found a website that had wav files of various 'human' sounds. The ones I choose to download were of women moaning, orgasming and screaming. I proceeded to make a hidden folder on his pc with these files and change the sounds of various actions in windows. I added these sounds to the actions of a program opening and closing, and any action in windows explorer. The pay off came when he brought a mutual friend over, and they went to discuss WoW, and these sounds came from his room.

The third pranked involved switching the power led and HDD led, as well as the power switch and reset switch on my house mate's pc. It had him worried for a second, but he quickly figured out why his power led was flickering on and off.

Feel free to share any ideas or pranks you have pulled. Non tech pranks are welcome as well. I will keep this thread updated as our prank war continues at my house.

there's this cool technology called a "lever" and a "valve" and what you can do with it is put a rubber band over the handle to a sink sprayer, so it's in the pressed position. aim it towards where someone would be standing if using the sink. now turn it on!

The first one was where I took a spare power cord and clipped off the two metal connectors that plug into the wall. I left the grounded plug so it would stay in the socket. I continued to plug it into his power supply as normal. The pay off came when my house mate spent half an hour and opened up his case to figure out why the computer wasn't posting.

That's a good one... i'll have to remember that one.. That would be espically funny in the office...

One of my gullible, ignorant friends once sent me one of those stupid email tracking messages that said if you forward this to seven people, an Applebee's gift certificate will pop up on your screen for you to print out. So I sent back a nice html formatted email to him that said that the email tracking program causes the gift certificate to return piggy-backed on the email of the seventh person that received the sender's forward. Then under that, I made a nice looking $50 gift certificate complete with a dotted line for cutting, an Applebee's picture, and a fake process code. My friend's wife was first to see it, and she was totally excited. My friend almost bought it, until he started thinking about the type of person that I am.

there's this cool technology called a "lever" and a "valve" and what you can do with it is put a rubber band over the handle to a sink sprayer, so it's in the pressed position. aim it towards where someone would be standing if using the sink. now turn it on!

I did that once to my sister but she didn't use it in time and my dad came home from a meeting in his expensive tuxedo and went to wash his hands and got soaked, I even took the cover off the nosel so there was more pressure too. Nedless to say my dad was pretty ****ed.

I think there is another thread like this one somewhere in the off-topic section.
But here's one of my all time favs. Take a screenshot of somebody's desktop, delete all their icons, then set the screenshot as wallpaper. They will click like mad trying to open programs. Of course, you have to be logged in as them to pull this off...

Most people use word processors (not me!), and most modern word processors have some sort of auto-correct feature. What you can have fun with, is the fact that almost all of these auto-correct features are editable. Last time I used Microsoft Word I think it was Tools->Autocorrect Options, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, do whatever you want from there. I'm pretty sure it doesn't limit the length of the "correction", and it doesn't care if you're auto-correcting a dictionary word, so the next time someone types "I" or "the", you can have whole sentences popping out of nowhere, with the message of your choice. You could also make simple changes that would be frustrating before the victim realizes what's going on. Maybe 'the' to 'teh', turn "I" into "i" or add a simple typo in their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom