Technical problem HELP!!!!

george2

Daemon Poster
My friend hase a computer with windows 95 and his brother's friend deleted the hard drive from the my computer and now when his computer boots up it goes through the bios and just before it logs into windows it shows a message 'invalid system disc replace and press any key to continue' and then the computer shuts down what does he have to do to get the computer working again

Has he backed up everything in his hard drives? If so, just do a full re-install or upgrade to Windows 2000 or XP.

Quote: My FRIEND>>COMPUTER with windows 95 and his brother's friend deleted the hard drive from the MY COMPUTER and now when HIS COMPUTER.

Which computer are you talking about, HIS or YOURS!
Was a diskette or CD left in the computer!? Be more specific on what is going ON. Or like Alvino says, re-install your operating system if there was something like a hard disk swap from your friend's computer to your computer!!!!!

Hi,

This might be a stupid question but that eror usually occurs if a floppy disc is in the drive... or a CD that the computer can not read, if in bios, it is set to read these first, before the hard drive. Yep hehe... Zero4Zero alread replied with that... That error does occur then though!

See if there is, and if so, take it out and try again.

*KaGe*

OK, I'm guessing that by deleting, you mean that someone went into the BIOS and removed the HDD from detectable ATA Devices. If thats the case, go into the BIOS (Usually hold the del key during posting) then go into "Standard CMOS Features". Make sure that your Hard Disc Drive is listed there. If not, cycle through the options till you get to auto detect.
Save and exit.

If this doesn't work, then go back into the BIOS and select "Load Setup Defaults". This will hopefuly reset all the configuration Data in the bios to default values that should remedy any bios problems.

Note, this is for Award layout BIOS's, The menu options may be different with different BIOS's.

Anyway, If that don't work, It'll be the data on the Hard Drive thats causing the problems. It could be anything, you would need to try and locate the problem, therefore I recomend starting from scratch, repartion the HDD and do a fresh install of windows.

Back
Top Bottom