technical help needed - search engine and automatic updating or

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettertoshahid

Beta member
I am a layman having no proper education in computer. I just know typing and how to access internet sites. I have a question if any can help.

I have my home page say it is aaa.bbb.com. I submit it for adding to some sites like msn.com, yahooo.com or to some sites which say “Add your Link”. I submit my site/home page say on 1 March 2004. On 1 March 2004 my home page had suppose my 04 drawings or 04 articles written by me.

I keep on putting more articles or drawings on my home page. On 1 August 2004 my home page had 10 drawings and 10 articles.

I find that my submitted/added site on 1 March 2004 remains the same with search engines whereas as a common layman I thinks when I submitted my site with say google.com it created a link and whenever in future anyone or I myself click the google.link it would show the latest updated my home page with 10 drawings and 10 articles and not as it was as on 01 March 2004 when I submitted for addition my site.

As and when I develop my home page or add any new drawing or article on it, is it that I also needed to update the entires at google.com or msn.com and not it should automatically.

Any help advice will be much appreciated.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what your asking or trying to do??

Either way, if any search engine comes to your website (ie. indexes your pages) they generally come once or more a month.

So if you update your site, the changes will be in the search engines the next time they visit your site.

hope this helps

with some engines you may want / need to re submit, google is not one of them, howvere it is a good idea to submit any new pages once to google.

Most engines are removing free URL submission in favour of pay to be listed schemes, its still possible to list free with yahoo if you have a yahoo account, but MSN is now pay only.

A good serach engine will re index rounghly ever 2 weeks - 4 weeks but should visit you index page weekly if not daily (depends how often you update it).

Check your web logs and look for "bots" if you can see google or others crawling through at least you'll know it working!

Hope this helps

LP
Lordpercy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom