tech job

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1c3_808

In Runtime
Ive been thinking about getting a job that involves computers lately..
Right now, playing games, and upgrading my computer is only a hobby, but
since the future is going to be filled with technology i thought getting
a job in that field would be good.

Im only 15 but it would be better if i find what i want to do as early as
possible.

I understand that there are many many positions involving computers.Like a programer, or a engineer.But thats about the only ones i know. I wanted to know some of the things you could do in the computer industry, and some information about it. Like how much money would you make, how easy is it to find a job, and what sort of school would i have to go to.

Please educate me!

look into vocational/technical schools, talk to a guidence couselor.

i went to a votech then the school got me a job thorugh an apprenticeship program/grant. i continued to college and got a 2yr degree in computer networking enginneering. now, im going for MCSE/MCDBA 2003 track. Prior to the votech, i loved computers, playing games, building websites, see what i could do with them. I got into the hacker scene and they told me read everything and anything i could get my hands on. If I didnt understand it the first time, read it again, and then again. The RFCs are a great place to start, but man are they boring and lenghty.

seriously, talk to a guidence consuloer and see what they can get you into....they live for that shit.

lol, i never heard of skills measured by mins haha. But i know for my job, i write some batch files to make my job easier; automating processes & executing repetative tasks.

most companies are using windows now though. but you will still need to do things from the command line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom