Tech-forums cover up

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasaid

Fully Optimized
TF's declassification policy is still unclear to me, but its been a while, and so i believe its time for TF to come forward with the details.

I'm sure most of you TF vets remember Nubius. He was even a mod! And he was Banned!!!

I had a love-hate relationship with the fella. He didn't like me much cuz i tended to get under his skin; but TF was so much more alive back then.

The mods wouldn't let anyone talk about what happened exactly or why he was banned, but its far behind us now for the details to come out.

Why was he banned? I was surprised that someone with all his TF contribution could so easily be banned. Who banned him?

Does anyone still keep in touch with him?

I was away for a couple of years after that incident... Did he at some point come back when i was not active here?

If you want to know, contact him and ask him. It is not within our responsibilities to tell anyone anything about why someone was banned. Those are things that are meant for the member and the staff.

You wouldnt like it if you were banned and then the reasons talked about. So you can ask all you want and demand all you want. But all your going to get is this.

We do NOT under any circumstance give out this information for ANY reason to ANY one. Period end of story. If you want to know, contact the other party involved and let them tell you.

Case Closed.

I regard Nubius as a friend and have since well before that episode. I used to talk with him over Ventrilo a ways back, but have not heard much from or about him in quite a while. I even considered asking him to come back, but he didn't want to do so as he has outgrown T-F.

Mak is correct in that we, the mods, do not disclose the reasons for bannings (outside of spam). Nubius even said he was banned of his own free will as he knew what he was doing.

I miss Nubius not being here and probably always will.

Man, not even the CIA is as tight-lipped as you guys :p

Aren't you allowed to say who did the banning?

Nubius is probably happy he got over his TF addiction, which is why he decided to refuse to come back, good for him!!

Nubius is probably happy he got over his tech forums addiction, which is why he decided to refuse to come back, good for him!!

Don't ever say that again. people leave forums over a few months or years due to how the way the board is changing for good or bad, people have bad blood against one another and other petty stupid stuff that finally gets to them for the last time.

I left a board not to recently because the owner did not know to fix and update the board, members flamed or were being flamed, mainly me.
Also it had mostly had to to do with forum board hackers and wars from other territorys that made a good board go corrupt.

So people mainly have their reasons for coming or going.

I knew nubius he was good dude but strict.

Lets just drop this and let a mod close this down.

Good advice, Mike.

Aliasaid, I will tell you that it involved a member who is no longer a mod and hardly ever comes around. The "final straw" was over something stupid, but done in the standard Nubius flare and flourish. He wanted out and decided to see just how far he could push things before it happened.

All in all, 'nuff said.

closed2ur0.gif

Man, not even the CIA is as tight-lipped as you guys :p

Aren't you allowed to say who did the banning?
No we are not more tight-lipped than the CIA. Plain and simple, it is rude, disrespectful and inconsiderate for us to sit here and talk about it. The member is not here to give their side of the story or their opinion on the matter and it would only be a 1 sided aspect.

We regard all bannings of members as a PERSONAL MATTER. It is not open for public discussion.

Does anyone still keep in touch with him?
Last time I spoke with in on ToV, he was extremely busy with his music stuff. He graduated from what ever sound engineering course that he was doing and found himself very busy with work. This is going back about 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom