tech forums awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
Something like this was started awhile ago, but it never finished, i don't know what happened. But anyway, i have a three day weekend, and not much to do soo..

This thread is for category idea's...once we have a good category selection i will make polls for each of them, and over say a 3 day period people will vote for who they think should win. When i get home i will throw together a small little picture for sigs that show they won one of the categories (or if one of the more expireience photoshop members would like to do it, let me know). Also i will need recomendations of who should be up in the running fpr each categories...

im not sure if there is a way to hind the results of a poll after you vote, that would be nice, for people don't know who is winning...

Here are a few categories i was thinking of:

1.) Post whore
2.) Most helpful
3.) Best rig
4.) worst rig
5.) Best signature
6.)funniest member

1) mak / osiris
2) mak / osiris
3) veedub
4) trotter :)
5) Luke of coarse
6) havok

Ok I know that is not what you wanted but it was the first thing to come to my mind.

Cannot think of any more categories at the moment for my brain is fried.

1) mak / osiris
2) mak / osiris
3) veedub
4) trotter
5) Luke of coarse
6) havok

lol, yeah i seen that comming for mak and osiris. but me for sig? there are many better out there (baez for example)

I will put down your recomendations for category nomies...

anyway...any other categories to include?

I obviously have the best signature its a fusion of art and tequila how could you get any better plus it was made by the gods of photoshop on here :) lol.

7) Online the most
8) Oldest active member
9) Sexiest picture in the member thread
10) Best background in the background thread
11) Weirdest screen name
12) Most flexible
13) Most cruel

^those are some good categories, although figuring out who to nominate for best picture would take our entire lifes... there is a lot of pages and pictures

Thanks for the input so far guys

14) Worst Spelling and Grammar - i Suk Award
15) Most likely to pick on the fat kid - Hey FATTY Award
16) Most likely the fat kid - You Meatball Award
17) Biggest Commodore Fanboy - VIC 20 FTW Award
18) Longest Member Name - John Holmes Award
19) Has more posts than brain cells - Posts Over Brain Cells Award
20) Probably drunk while posting - PDWP Award

21) Best cable manager
22) Best overclocker
23) Biggest movie buff
24) Biggest car buff
25) Best case modder
26) Biggest hardware whore
27) Over the hill and rolling (oldest member)
28) Biggest ball, longest chain (married longest)
29) Horniest rabbit (most kids)

I'll think of more later...

Instead of "Best Overclocker", "Best Water-Cooler" and other simular single-minded awards. Why not go for some General Awards to boost groups of users. When members show participation in a Forum Activity like Benchmarking, Folding, Advise, Spam Patrol, Water-Cooling, Air Cooling, Over-Clocking, etc..... they get a special icon and/or user title.

Members could be nominated by a Staff Member for an Award and then they would need a couple of supporting votes to receive the Award.

Nothing boosts Participation like a good pat on the back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom