Tattoo Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think i'd ever get a tatoo. i don't think they're particularly attractive, but I have seen a few that were flat-out awsome. The general art of tatoos is really cool and I know that there are alot of people that can make very good ones, but i wouldnt' want any on me.

Yeah, General, no offense bud but you're definitely stereotyping people to a different level than what society is. Now if you live in a shoebox in the streets of LA, sure, what you said may apply.

Since my girlfriend and I broke up I've been dating a few other girls here and there, and the one I've most recently been seeing is into tattoos. I never, ever, ever would of guessed. Nicest person I've ever met, always complimenting people. She seriously can't talk to someone without saying something nice about their house/car/hair/shirt/whatever. She's not hardcore about them, but definitely likes them and has one.

Then at work there was a lady who's probably got about 80 piercings and majority of her body is covered in tattoos. One day I got to sit down and talk with her on lunch break, and I was amazed at how down to earth she was.

In short: There is no affiliation between people and tattoos. Judging people by their tattoos is no different than being racist towards a certain race. <---FACT.

It's law now that they have to prepare the gun in front of you,They use all new needle's and glove's for every tattoo that they do and the gun get's sterilized between every use,All shop's are inspected atleast once a month and have to pass the health inspection or be closed down right away untill they can pass,Just make sure to go to a well known place and you shouldn't have any worry's ;)

Jayce said:
In short: There is no affiliation between people and tattoos. Judging people by their tattoos is no different than being racist towards a certain race. <---FACT.
Right, and it's no different than being racist when judging the fact that girl-pants wearing, myspace-hairdo rocking emo's are lame d00ds who I don't want to talk to, before you get to know them either. :rolleyes:

The General said:
Right, and it's no different than being racist when judging the fact that girl-pants wearing, myspace-hairdo rocking emo's are lame d00ds who I don't want to talk to, before you get to know them either. :rolleyes:

Right. I agree. Failing to see where the problem is then... but I'll just smile and go on my merry way! :)

Make sure the person you have doing it is good as well. If you have friends with tatoos ask them where they got theirs. Check out the small details in the tatoos and make sure its very precise and clean. When you find a shop you are thinking about doing work for you, ask if you can see any of their work. most artists will keep a photo log of work that they are proud of. Your tatoo is only going to be as good as the person doing it.

"myspace-hairdo rocking emo's "

hahahahhahaa. You sound like an old man trying to understand a youth culture.

I got my first tattoo last june on the inside of my lip. It says "truth".

I love body art, so I like tattoos. If someone isnt into body art, they aren't going to like tattoos.

Aslong as your first ink has some sort of meaning to it, go for it. Don't get random crap, or some new band that you just started listening to's logo on your body.

search around and ask the tattoo shops if they have an autoclave which is a machined specially designed for sterilization. if they have one you are on your way to safety. also those little sterilization bags they buy and put the needles in that means nothing. they make the needles themselves by connecting the needle to the part that connects to the tattoo machine. ask them if you can watch them make the needles and put them in the autoclave if they do this in front of contamination on there side of the fence is kaput. also dont listen to other ppl do whats right for you..........

btw - probably a dumb question but, is it a LAW to dispose of tattoo needles after they are used one time? Or is it a practice that most parlors follow, but not all since it's not a law?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom