Tattoo Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting hepatitis C isn't the only risk with tattoos either ... they can get infected very easily, the ink can smear and be messed up forever, they are expensive and to get removed, if they can even BE removed. Most of the time your tattoo still exists in scar form when you get them removed. Employers look down on them, most girls don't like them.

All of that, just to have a picture on your skin.

The best thing to do is to just not get a tattoo.

Main things to remember: Will you want that same tat in 5 years? 10 years? 20? 30?

Are you going to keep it touched up?

What will you tell your grandkids when they see it and start asking questions.

General:
Some of the things you said are true.
But, employers look down on them? I've worked in various jobs and have been through countless interviews. I've never, ever, once been asked, "Do you have any tattoos?". I guess if you've got a tattoo of the a pentagram on your forehead and apply at a catholic school to teach religion, your chances might be bad. But, most people get tattoo's that are covered during 90% of their day.

And most chicks don't like tattoo's? Right dude, right... Almost every women that i've been with in the last 10 years has had some sort of tattoo. Most of them small.

Jayce:
Yeah... want to avoid the cross contamination.?
Cross contamination is more commonly used in the culinary field. So as long as you don't mix raw chicken with raw beef, then you don't have to worry about exchanging harmful bacteria between tattoo needles. ? WTF?

Trotter:

I'll tell them what my grandparents told me. "Kids should be seen and not heard!"

IF YOU WANT A TATTOO, GET A TATTOO! You only live once.

HAVOC2k5 said:
General:
Some of the things you said are true.
But, employers look down on them? I've worked in various jobs and have been through countless interviews. I've never, ever, once been asked, "Do you have any tattoos?". I guess if you've got a tattoo of the a pentagram on your forehead and apply at a catholic school to teach religion, your chances might be bad. But, most people get tattoo's that are covered during 90% of their day.

And most chicks don't like tattoo's? Right dude, right... Almost every women that i've been with in the last 10 years has had some sort of tattoo. Most of them small.

Jayce:
Yeah... want to avoid the cross contamination.?
Cross contamination is more commonly used in the culinary field. So as long as you don't mix raw chicken with raw beef, then you don't have to worry about exchanging harmful bacteria between tattoo needles. ? WTF?

Trotter:

I'll tell them what my grandparents told me. "Kids should be seen and not heard!"

IF YOU WANT A TATTOO, GET A TATTOO! You only live once.
Only moto-hoes and hookers like tattoos, but then again maybe life is different where you live.

And the whole "you only live once" thing usually implies "do something fun" but what's so fun about having a picture on your skin? I don't see any reason for it, and I don't see how it would be any more fun than sitting on a couch watching Oprah.

Meh, for me a tat is something to celebrate a point in your life. Something you want to remember, and something to show the rest of the world, at your discretion. Ill get a tat on my right shoulder. At work, where it would be frowned upon, its covered up. Outside of work, where its not such a big deal because it doesnt harm anyone else, I can show it off at my discretion.

As for girls liking them or not...I know a lead singer in a all girl punk rock band that doesnt like tattoos, and my ex gf, the daughter of a southern baptist preacher that has a tat where only I have seen. :p so its not just "moto-hoes" and "hookers", it depends on the person.

bla!! said:
Correct, just watch when they're preparing the needle. If they don't take it out of a sterilization bag then start asking some quetison.
And they should not have a problem with you asking if you can see their equipment.

If you are going to get a tatoo, make sure you have a long hard thing about it before going ahead with it.

Do not get band names.

The other thing is to think about where you are going to put it. Sure you want to have it on display, but make sure it's some where on your body where you can cover it up too with a shirt.

Well, yes I guess we live in different worlds debian, i mean general. Because the world that I live in normal people get tattoos. A friend of mine owns a tattoo parlor and he does tats for people of all walks of life. Including his wife who is a grammer school teacher.

Getting a tattoo isn't so much fun. It's more of an experience. Rather than just getting the first thing you think looks cool, you get something that signifies something in your life. Many people make the mistake of getting "pretty" tattoos, with little thought to their significance... pretty never lasts long. " Look at britney spears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom