Taking apart a computer to install more memory

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
The title says it all. I have tried takign out all the screws that are actually screws and all's it does is make the fan drop throguh. i managed to get the fan back screwed on, but how do i open up the case of my brothers computer? his is a old compaq computer.

there should be a side panel that is screwed in. You have to take out the screws and slide the side panel back.

yeah there should only be 2, maybe 4 screws that you would need to take off, to get the side panel off.

You do not have to take the computer apart and shouldnt.

yah i figured it out. is memory always so hard to install? i really have to push down rather hard on the memory to get them in and for the clips to fit over them.

yah i figured it out. you have to evenly apply pressure to the chip.

also my brother put some memory in his computer, and now it doesn't work. the monitor does not turn on. we've tried other monitors.

originally he had too much memory in, then we took out all the chips except the 512 so he wouldn't be over his limit, then the monitor would not turn on. we've tried other monitors, but no luck. any ideas?

mayorredbeard said:
yah i figured it out. you have to evenly apply pressure to the chip.

also my brother put some memory in his computer, and now it doesn't work. the monitor does not turn on. we've tried other monitors.

originally he had too much memory in, then we took out all the chips except the 512 so he wouldn't be over his limit, then the monitor would not turn on. we've tried other monitors, but no luck. any ideas?

might not be compatable with the MoBo and other things. Does your old memory work.

Back
Top Bottom