Take a shot at figuring this one out!

Well my CRT has a vga cable installed into the back of it. My flatscreen uses a different cable which I can plug and unplug and switch at will. So that eliminates that possibility. As for video card, the latest e4100 I bought had two video cards. Intel on board graphics, and a PCI card installed. Both seem to be bad. I uninstalled the PCI last night, and rolled with the intel on board graphics card. Nothing changed. You think it could be just Windows Xp not working anymore? Does this happen with Operating Systems? They just fail to work properly after they get too old?

Exactly when do you first see these lines?

Doe it happen the second you turn the computer on and it is in the process of booting up?

Does it happen in safe mode?

Is it possible that this is a driver issue?

Can you have a look and see what was installed or updated on the 1st or 2nd of April.

Mossiac

Exactly when do you first see these lines?

Doe it happen the second you turn the computer on and it is in the process of booting up?

Does it happen in safe mode?

I don't see any visual distortions. No lines, or strange discolored spots, no BSOD's, or shut downs. My computer speed is awesome also. The ONLY PROBLEM..I am having is this "slant" issue. Where my desktop, browser windows, etc, are all seemingly "catacornered" or turned on a slant. Where it looks like the left side of the screen is pushed in, and the right side of the screen is pushed out. There's no straight allignment of things. It looks kind of like how a car door would look when left open? Slanted at an angle? The computer is still useable and visually it doesn't hurt your eyes or anything, but as far as doing graphics work which I do and web design, forget about it. If things such as desktop and windows are displaying on a slant, nothing will look right for any serious designing.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Is it possible that this is a driver issue?

Can you have a look and see what was installed or updated on the 1st or 2nd of April.

Mossiac

I have booted in safe mode and the problem persists. I did a system restore earlier in the game to March 17th to resolve this problem and the problem did not go away. It's not a virus either because I've tested 4 different hard drives and the same thing still occurs. I am thinking it must be a video card. I thought bad ram but, bad memory causes BSOD's. Haven't had any of those.

I might look into buying a new video card, but I have already bought 3 of these e4100 models. First one lasted 8 months before this issue started. The two after that had the issue right out of the box. I bought all three from ebay. Maybe the sellers pulled them all from the same environment perhaps and they all had the same problem? The one I am on now has a PCI express card and that card, and the on board graphics from intel both show the same display problem. The annoying slant.

Not my monitor. I have a Gateway ev700 CRT and a Gateway TFT 20 inch flatscreen. I don't touch the settings because I have settings on both set how I want them, which is a real b**ch to accomplish. I certainly know they aren't tied into this issue since the last time I did any adjusting on my crt monitor and flatscreen monitor was 2011! I haven't touched a single knob or button since!

Look the screen dump is straight.
It's doing it on all your systems.
You're just using the 2 monitors.
The common denominator here is the monitors.
Something's up with the monitors.

Can't be. They both wouldn't have gone bad at the same time either. And I didn't touch any settings. As for the screenshot, if you're not sitting at my PC like I am, I doubt you'd get a super clear picture of the slant.

Do you have another video card you can test with? Like Seti, it looks straight to me as well in that screen shot. I'm wondering if the video card is distorting the output.

If the video card is distorting the output or is faulty, then I will find out Friday. I just sent for an ATI Radeon X1300LE 128MB S-video DVI PCI-e video graphics card. It'll arrive Friday. I took a look at her before ordering, looks exactly like the PCI video card that is in this current unit I am on which is a faulty PCI. Same size, same ends, everything. So compatibility and slotting shouldn't be a problem.

By the way, I ran another test this morning in an entirely different room. Figuring perhaps something was interfering with the PC in the living room. In one of the bed rooms, there's no speakers or anything, just the monitor and PC. Problem still persists, so this definitely is a video card issue. Just my luck I'd send for two PC's and the video cards would be faulty in both. The first one ran fine for 8 months until its graphics card went bad.

Anyways, if this new card doesn't work, I might try and get another e4100. If that fails to work properly, I'll have to score an e2600 with a sata drive and all that. Plus Windows 7 pre-installed. Then I will move my stuff via USb from my IDE drive to my new sata drive on the 2600. And if THAT FAILS, I'll have to hit Newegg and score a Gateway with Windows 8 pre-installed. Perhaps, these e4100 units failing video cards is a factory defect. Similar to that Dell line that was sent out with bad capacitors some years ago.

Back
Top Bottom