Tablet of The Cloud

GDoma

Beta member
Hi! I'ts probably going to be a little bit confusing, i don't really have the proper knowledge or language skills to properly describe what i'm thinking about, but here we go.
So i was thinking about how could we make our tablets more powerful, but more slimmer, and esthetically pleasing at the same time. Paralell to this i rememberd that Google is working on their gaming project called Stadia, where they are running the games on a server, and then sending or tethering the data to the user. So you dont have to have a good pc at home to run the games.
So back to tablets. What if we could use our pc at home to do processing and graphic work for our tablet, and our tablet could be reduced to only a reciever/sender and a few chips only.
This could be a big stupid idea, as i said i dont really know how this works. But i wasnt able to find anything on the internet about this.

Hi! I'ts probably going to be a little bit confusing, i don't really have the proper knowledge or language skills to properly describe what i'm thinking about, but here we go.
So i was thinking about how could we make our tablets more powerful, but more slimmer, and esthetically pleasing at the same time. Paralell to this i rememberd that Google is working on their gaming project called Stadia, where they are running the games on a server, and then sending or tethering the data to the user. So you dont have to have a good pc at home to run the games.
So back to tablets. What if we could use our pc at home to do processing and graphic work for our tablet, and our tablet could be reduced to only a reciever/sender and a few chips only.
This could be a big stupid idea, as i said i dont really know how this works. But i wasnt able to find anything on the internet about this.

Yes it makes sense what your saying, they have this technology already, and one of the big name companies is Citrix , which uses virtual desktop infrastructure (Desktop virtualization is a software technology that separates the desktop environment and associated application software from the physical client device that is used to access it)

And you would use a thin client (A thin client is a lightweight computer that has been optimized for establishing a remote connection with a server-based computing environment)

I guess your interesting in making a tablet to utilize this type of technology more better?

Oh thank you for the quich reply. Im gonna look into this company ant their projects. And yes. In my opinion this wouldnt really be a problem on the hardvare side, but more of a challenge making the software work properly. Like the tethering in my opinion is a little bit tricky, considering the latency problems. And probably you need a good wifi connection. Moving out of the home concept a little bit, i thought about why shoudl we only use it in our home? Ife we put a sim card in the concept Tablet and we have at least 4G ( In the future probably 5G which would be even better) we can run our PC at home and use this tablet anywhere we want.

Back
Top Bottom