System Restore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LADUDE2005

Baseband Member
Is it possible to restore your PC to the day you first set it up using System Restore in Windows XP? Im curious

I assume that if you'd had the System Restore service running since day one and had created a restore point that day, than I assume so.

why would u ever use system restore? just another useless crappy add-on by windows......jsut for future reference, system restore and reformatting should be ur last attempt at fixing a computer....

Um it is actualy useful if you don't want to reformat. But For me, I Have it turned off.

There is also ASR, Automated System recovery, you need to create a full back up image for that to work.

If it was on then yes there should be check point for the first day, Documents and files will be left alone, only things that are affected are like service packs, Drivers and programs, I think, I could be wrong.

According to Comptia the Tools used to trouble shoot/fix a computer from First to Last.
Cmd>DR watson>Safe Mode> Recovery Console>System Restore> ASR> Reformat/Reimage.

"IF" I remember correctly.

Lol System Restore and Reformating is like comparing a ford pinto to a ferrari enzo. System Restore may work to the point where Windows will run in a semi orderly fasion but it will have alot of loose ends to programs. A reformat is almost like having a new computer once again.

Pepsiboy700 said:
Lol System Restore and Reformating is like comparing a ford pinto to a ferrari enzo. System Restore may work to the point where Windows will run in a semi orderly fasion but it will have alot of loose ends to programs. A reformat is almost like having a new computer once again.

Couldn't have put it better myself. A system restore isn't going to clear up anything. The only thing it will do is remove some programs (while still leaving a whole bunch of crap left) and revert settings. That's all.

EDIT: Woot! 2000 posts!:):D:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom