System Reboots under MInt, Kernal Panic Mode.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
It seems to be when the system is under full load the system is randomly rebooting and going in too a panic.

I'm running SETI on it and the CPU \ Memory is under full load to an extent the Memory any how.

I'm thinking as I know its not a RAM Failure that it could be the MoBo and running Mem Test is showing no failures in the DDR2 that's in it.

I had bought a good few Systems that were breaking down a while ago off a Gye on my Local Trader site. He levled with me and said he didn't know what was going on with them.

I took them on a sold as seen basis, and I have managed to get two so far up and running despite Hardware Failures running Mint. Now saying that I've added more or changed parts and haven't had any problems with the other two just this one.

I'm thinking the MoBo as when the Kernal is going in to a Panic and I know its not the Memory what else could it be since the error log is showing as the Kernl isn't Syncing.

It seems to be when the system is under full load the system is randomly rebooting and going in too a panic.

I'm running SETI on it and the CPU \ Memory is under full load to an extent the Memory any how.

I'm thinking as I know its not a RAM Failure that it could be the MoBo and running Mem Test is showing no failures in the DDR2 that's in it.

I had bought a good few Systems that were breaking down a while ago off a Gye on my Local Trader site. He levled with me and said he didn't know what was going on with them.

I took them on a sold as seen basis, and I have managed to get two so far up and running despite Hardware Failures running Mint. Now saying that I've added more or changed parts and haven't had any problems with the other two just this one.

I'm thinking the MoBo as when the Kernal is going in to a Panic and I know its not the Memory what else could it be since the error log is showing as the Kernl isn't Syncing.

Ignore this thread as I've stripped down the full system and kept the valuble pats. The System was rebooting at random intervals and I know it wasn't the memory. After looking online the 775 Series of Dells system originally running XP way back in the day had Capacitor problems and the system on top of that was making a popping noise then shutting down.

I salvaged all the valuable stuff but the rest has been binned.

If you could of found the popped caps it isn't very hard to change them out, had a MB with a few bad ones from a system I rebuilt and decided to try desoldering them and putting new caps in, well after I was done it booted right up and worked. Ended up giving the MB with a old duel core to a friend in need, still going today.

Back
Top Bottom