System Not Rembering Yahoo Mail Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replikant

Baseband Member
Go easy on me, i don't know much about computers. Not sure if this question belongs here, but why is Yahoo Mail the only site i go to that doesn't remember my password, & how can i fix this? I have Windows 98 SE & use Mozilla Foxfire. Please reply in non-technical language.:)

That is a site thing. Yahoo doesnt remember my password either. That is what they choose.

When a site "remembers" you they just find what is called a cookie on your PC. That cookie contains the info needed to remember you. Yahoo doesnt cookie a machine like any other site so it wont remember you no matter what you try.

Sorry.

That i cant answer. I have mine checked an yet every time i go back to their site i am never remembered. I only use this PC. I am the only user.

So it comes down to the fact that their "cookie" isnt that great as it cant even be recognized by their own site.

I've never had a problem with Firefox on any other site.

Nothing personal, i just feel a bit paranoid about downloading anything that could be trouble.

I use an extension that continuously checks my yahoo email, and it logs me in if I just go there.

I'm at work right now. when I get home I'll post the name of it.

It's called "Yahoo! Mail Notifier" (real original, huh?).

It has an icon in the lower right side of the browser (I think you can move it) and it has options to pop-up and/or audibly alert you when you get email.

I've also got "Gmail Manager" for, well, Gmail monitoring.

Thanks. I downloaded it (or thought i did) & got a "not a valid installation" error message....this is supposed to work for Mozilla Firefox? Just checking....

I deleted the download but now have a mysterious "ghost" image having something to do with files, which flashes on the screen for a split second, too quickly to identify (for me anyway), when i login to Yahoo mail....help me out, guys, you got me into this.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom