System Fan and CPU Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleep

Contributor
I'm wondering about a couple of fan readings...

I have a P4 2.4C GHz 800FSB w/HT. It came with a stock heatsink and fan. The fan is running at 2766 RPM. Is this a normal operating speed for this CPU fan? Would you recommend I buy a better fan/heatsink combo, or stick with this setup (I do not overclock this system).

The other fan question...

My system reads "sys fan=0 RPM"
Which fan is the "system fan", and why would it be reading 0 rpm?

You probably have several pins on your motherboard that take the same kind of connector that is on your cpu fan, you may have it on the wrong one and it is not reporting it. But all you have to worry about is that the temp of the cpu is ok. check what the temp is idle and then check it after some intense app like a good game. if it still is with in the threshold of not over heating, i would not worry about it.

get a program called MbM, mother board moniter 5.x, do a search on it from yahoo or such.. it is a very accurate program, as accurate as the bios sensor.. and it has configurations for 3 differnt fan sensors, shows voltages for all your fans and even tells you your current cpu clock speed

Get a Zalman cooler if you have problems with overheating or your CPU is going hotter than you want it to, your sys fans might not be reading because you have them plugged with the Molex rather than the 3-pin standard case fan connector.

Hope I helped a bit more :/

Yep thanks... I just found the system fan connection. It has no fan plugged into it.

I think I'm going to need a 3-PIN adapter to 4-PIN power cable to plug in my front fan to this system fan plug (on the mobo). I'll have to check it out.

The CPU stays between 30c and 40c, but the system temp is always high (between 35 and 40)...so I'm thinking I may need to change the airflow in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom