System crashes in both safe mode and normal mode

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Hi i have a laptop with windows 7 on it and it keep crashing and locking up. What i mean by this is the mouse moves but nothing can be clicked on as its as if its a still image. The hard drive light is constantly on but i cant hear it doing much.

I thought it was a program but now its also doing it in safe mode. I cant get far enough to run a virus scan so am going to run one from a disk.

I have used memtest to run a test on the 6GB RAM 1x2 and 1x 4 gb sticks and it passed with no errors.

Im thinking it may be the hard drive at fault here but I wonder if there is something else that I may be missing that someone can suggest.

I did try and run the sea tools and it would not detect the drive, however i have ran another harddrive test and its found 1 bad sector at the moment.

I usually us Hiren's boot cd. the program HDAT2 is searches and "repairs" bad sectors. Though some say it is not possible to fix bad sectors.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

How many bad sectors are you at now?

Back
Top Bottom