System cant see discs at bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaray

Beta member
I have a ASUS pentium II/III P2B motherboard and for some reason it cannot see the Hard drives. They are Quantum drives. They used to work and took them out and put in another and want to put back but they will not work. I get to the first screen where it recognizes the CD-ROM & burner, but thats it then at bottom it says press Del to enter setup. I tried with memory sticks changes The settings look good but when I go to the automatic configuration it sees the cd stuff but freezes looking for hard drives and have to turn off at the back
Any Ideas would be appreciated
Thanks Bruce

Yes Yes & Yes. I tried everything even just One HDD at a time. I put in new 40 pin IDE cable. Could it be memory or video card related?
I thought maybe a setting in BIOS?
Thanks for reply
Bruce

Change boot order, make sure the drive whith your op on it is set to master and set to boot device 1 in the system bios settings, reset the configuration settings, failing that eliminate unessesary drives and try it again.

***Change boot order, make sure the drive whith your op on it is set to master and set to boot device 1 in the system bios settings, reset the configuration settings, failing that eliminate unessesary drives and try it again.***
I tried what you suggested and the results were First it said Found CD ROM [LG CDRW CEB-8083B
Found CD ROM [LG CDROM CRD-8522B
Primary Master Hard Disk Fail
Primary Slave Hard Disk Fail
Secondary Master Hard Disk Fail
Secondary Slave Hard Disk Fail
Select F1 to continue or Del to enter Configurations
When you click on F1 it just says bad system disk enter another and click continue or enter
Even if you put in a OS Disk nothing changes
Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom