swine flu

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
well first off let me start off by saying im supirzed there isent a thread on this already! so... what are your guy's thoughts on this flu thats going around? it has a mixture of the human flu, the pig flu and the avian bird flu! i consider it to be pretty important to spread out the word to as many people as possible... if you seem to be getting sick, go to see a doctor so that you can be treated! im going to the doctor tomorrow in the morning. right now im so dizzy and my head is just pounding ughh i dont know what it is, ive taken 2300mg's of ibuprofen and 2 cold medicines so far today... i hate this because my body has a high tolerance for medicine... i have to get twice the amount of numbing at the dentists, i take like 2000mg's at some times or more for a headache and it stays the same... grr lol well back to the swine flu subject... so U.S is in a state of health emergency and the outbreak is likely going to be around for about a month or 2...

thoughts???

U.S. prepares for possible swine flu epidemic as global cases rise

The U.S. government declared a public health emergency -- a step Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said "sounds more severe than really it is."

"This is standard operating procedure and allows us to free up federal state and local agencies and their resources for prevention and mitigation," she said.

The outbreak "is of great concern to the White House," said White House spokesman Robert Gibbs, but, he added, "It's certainly not a time to panic."

"If you're sick, stay home, get treatment, go see a doctor," Gibbs told reporters. "The government is taking all the steps it needs to and must do to take the precautions to deal with whatever size and scope we may be facing," he said

Administration declares health emergency in flu outbreak

WASHINGTON — Warning that the worst is yet to come, U.S. officials Sunday declared the rapid spread of swine flu to be a public health emergency and freed up 12.5 million doses of antiviral medication to help fight the disease, which has now infected 20 people in five states.

The move comes as state and local authorities, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the international health community step up public awareness, testing and surveillance in an effort to stop the disease before it becomes a global epidemic. On Sunday, four more cases were confirmed in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia.

In Mexico, where the outbreak originated, nearly 90 people have died and thousands of others have become ill from swine flu in the last several weeks.

The World Health Organization said the new swine flu strain has "pandemic potential." A flu pandemic occurs when a new influenza virus emerges, people have little or no immunity to it and there's no vaccine for it.

I don't know.. All I know is I don't want to get it lol.. I live in new york and I have heard that some people in new york city have gotten the flu. I have not read anything on it nor do I know how it spreads.. I don't have time to read the articles I have to right a paper.. Quick answers? anyone?

I don't know.. All I know is I don't want to get it lol.. I live in new york and I have heard that some people in new york city have gotten the flu. I have not read anything on it nor do I know how it spreads.. I don't have time to read the articles I have to right a paper.. Quick answers? anyone?

its airborn, spreads threw coughs handshakes touching stuff just anything... if little germs float into your mouth nose or eyes you can get it... alot of people are wearing masks because of it

its airborn, spreads threw coughs handshakes touching stuff just anything... if little germs float into your mouth nose or eyes you can get it... alot of people are wearing masks because of it

*boots up generator in bunker, grabs pets and computer gear*

Unfortunately it has struck Kansas. Right now I have flu symptoms: A little chest burn, running nose, my ears seem filled with air (I don't know what you call it; I feel like they need to be popped). Up until yesterday I had a light sore throat. My mom has a sore throat. I hope this is not the swine flu, but just a flu. If this doesn't get better by Tuesday morning I'm scheduling an appointment.

My dad said there were 88 or so deaths in Mexico, but none so far in the US. Doesn't sound fun.

It does not. If you're ever in a war, best way to win is airborne viruses. If you think about it, the human body is very fragile. I hope this swine flu can be quickly overcome. I'm all for quarantine. Shut down all connections with Mexico. Quarantine all Americans with the disease until cured.

guys if you read around there is medication you can take to help it, its called tamiflu and relenza, you have to take it within 2 days of the symptoms occurring and it'll help you out alot by stopping the virus from further growing but it doesnt matter if you wait a long time to go see the doctor ure pretty much screwed and theres no meds to help since its new and noone knows how to treat it... just pray your body can overcome it

Back
Top Bottom