Swapping identical motherboards w/ XP

Removing and installing CPUs is fairly straightforward. It's much easier than removing and replacing an entire motherboard.

I'm going to buy a used identical motherboard that has a quad core proccesor on it and just throw it in. Instead of actually replacing the proccesor on my current motherboard. Its cheaper than buying a new proccesor and seems easier. Ill also have backup hardware if i keep my "old" motherboard.

If it works ill sell my "old" motherboard with the dual core proccesor. Im hoping it does.

But if i buy the motherboard and just change proccesors it would be the same effect as selling my old motherboard.

I would be selling the same product...an identical motherboard with a dual core proccesor....

Removing and installing CPUs is fairly straightforward. It's much easier than removing and replacing an entire motherboard.

Hmm well i might look into that. Im not sure if theres a walk-thru somewhere. I might be able to do it as long as it doesent require extreme precision. I Might add i do have more shakier hands than the average bear.

just buy the processor and save yourself like 100 bucks... ur wasting ur money...its not hard at all... u just have to lift a little guard, take it out, line up the little triangles, and then pop it in and close the guard.

uh oh, i forgot about his heatsink as well... its not that tough... u will just need to take that off first, get rid of ur dual core - clean the old compound off the heatsink...do what i said above... then apply new compound across the cores like a + (SMALL AMOUNT), and then replace the heatsink, and boot.

just buy the processor and save yourself like 100 bucks... ur wasting ur money...its not hard at all... u just have to lift a little guard, take it out, line up the little triangles, and then pop it in and close the guard.

uh oh, i forgot about his heatsink as well... its not that tough... u will just need to take that off first, get rid of ur dual core - clean the old compound off the heatsink...do what i said above... then apply new compound across the cores like a + (SMALL AMOUNT), and then replace the heatsink, and boot.

Point being the entire motherboard is around 70-80$ w/ processor
The processor new runs roughly 219$ + and thats without the cost of a heatsink (Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz)

So in theroy id be saving money. I would be skeptical about buying just a "used processor". I can also possibly get more money in return by selling a motherboard.

Point being the entire motherboard is around 70-80$ w/ processor
The processor new runs roughly 219$ + and thats without the cost of a heatsink (Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz)

So in theroy id be saving money. I would be skeptical about buying just a "used processor". I can also possibly get more money in return by selling a motherboard.

there is no way a motherboard + Q6600 is only $70-$80, if you're looking at an ebay auction, don't get your hopes up, that price will increase, probably drastically...

if that was the case, people would be buying up those deals instead of just getting the cpu, I'd like to see a link for this "deal"...

there is no way a motherboard + Q6600 is only $70-$80, if you're looking at an ebay auction, don't get your hopes up, that price will increase, probably drastically...

if that was the case, people would be buying up those deals instead of just getting the cpu, I'd like to see a link for this "deal"...

Well i messaged the guy the other day, and the motherboard does not even come with a processor. Needless to say his page was very misleading.

heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390056379700&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

look under the product description... Hmm thats a sad day haha.

Back
Top Bottom