Surround Sound question

mitchell486

Solid State Member
I have just gotten a Durabrand surround sound 5.1 system. I just set it up yesterday. From what I can see, I believe the subwoofer is the part that separates the sound into the five parts right? Cuz it all hooks up to that, and thats the only part that hooks to the computer. If anyone knows about this please assist. :) The set up consists of, Right front, Left Front, Center, Rear Right, Rear Left all hook in with regular bare wire to the sub which has little press clips which hold them in place. Like you would see on the back of a stereo. Then you have either two audio ports that go to the computer or one headphones style audio jack that goes to the computer. I have a converter that goes from audio style port to headphone jack to hook it to my computer. On my motherboard it has five headphone style jacks for surround sound but I could never get those to work properly so I just use the straight headphones jack on the front of my computer. My question is, Is there any way to tell if it's in full surround sound? Why doesn't my center speaker put out any sound at the moment? And what should I use to set it to 5.1 or does the subwoofer do that?

Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you all in advance. :)

Back
Top Bottom