Surge Suppressors

EricM

Daemon Poster
I was just wondering what everyone else uses for power protection for their pc and what the ideal joule rating should be. Right now I am using a surge suppressor with 2500joule rating. I have also finally seen the rj45 protection on them now so I was thinking about gettign a new one. So what brands are trustworthy? Right now I am using CyberPower and it seems to be doing its job.

I have a CyberPower Battery back-up, which doubles as a surge protector. I'm not sure if all bat. backups do this, but with the frequency of the electic volts gets off balance, the battery turns itself on, and shuts off normal power to protect the comptuer and the other items i have in the battery backed-up sockets on the backup.

of the 8, only four sockets are battery backed up, but it does have ports for RJ45, and what looks like cable lines.

celegorm said:
I have a CyberPower Battery back-up, which doubles as a surge protector. I'm not sure if all bat. backups do this, but with the frequency of the electic volts gets off balance, the battery turns itself on, and shuts off normal power to protect the comptuer and the other items i have in the battery backed-up sockets on the backup.

of the 8, only four sockets are battery backed up, but it does have ports for RJ45, and what looks like cable lines.

A small UPS is a better idea than a surge protector, as they also will filter power when the power signal gets too dirty.

Personally for backpower power and power filtering I use a highly modified "APC Back UPS 600" modified for just over 600 watts and 8 hours runtime.

Back
Top Bottom