supernerd or what?

I will admit I hate selling or replacing my kit, I get seriously attached too it.. I will say more than more so on hear. I have systems I have had and still got for years.. I don't trust that what I sell, give away and or Scrap will be appreciated by other people.. I sold originally my second Computer what being a 800MHz Pentium III, I had the Gye come back and tell me he had sold it and thus this person he sold it too had replaced the IDE Drives, HDD's and Monitor.. I was furious but its not as if I have a say as I wanted it too be appreciated when I got my new system.

My house is a mess with Kit, I have old CRT TV's what I use with DVD Players running on a Scart.. When I get new\second hand kit I clean it, repair it, modify and update\grade it. I keep the old parts what I have in two Boxes that are removal size that removal company use.. My Closet is full of Boxes and I have no room too move any more in their. I open the door and cant go in because its full.

Also I enjoy the smell of old kit, second hand. It gives me a buzz.. Especially when I give it a new lease of Life and set up as part of my set up..

So I've dug out this thread and thought I'd post. I will say that I've been drinking and only had a cupple of Vodkas but hey I thought I'd be honest and just put it out their.

You know why I have so much Kit being:

Three Desktops, three Laptops, Hi Si Surround Equipment, Red Bull fridge, 5 CRT TV's and along with that DVD VHS Recorder equipment, Printers, Microwaves, Multi Monitor systems, along with KVM Switches, External NAS Drives, Wireless 2.4 GHz Keyboard and mice, and also radio equipment for emergence's, for when the zombie Apocalypse arrives. You know why, because like every other Nerd on these Forums, I GET OFF ON IT.

I sit hear in my Recliner with a 36" Flat screen TFT TV, along with 5 CRT TV's, and 7 Flat Panel Monitors running on a Splitter Box and KVM Switch.

My next purchase will be a 3KW Generator, just for the hell of it. X2.

I'm not the most tech savvy but can do a lot with PCs, Building, Maintaining, Repairing, Networking, Home SOHO.

I've all ways thought its about having the Tools to deal with a situation and not just being a know it all. The skills and Tools to be able to fault find, repair and manage SOHO Networks..

Their is a lot of people with better Kit than me, but hey if I wanted the Best I would have to win the Lottery like most people.

So yeah, I'm at home now, with my tech, loving the Vibe along with this Vodka and Coke. Hey like most Nerds, we all love our Kit along with out egos in most of us.

I'm going to finish this Vodka, and Bootstrap the Systems, Put Linux Puppy on the Laptop, Switch On the Home CCTV and to night since this is my fist drink in about two years, I'm letting my heir down despite being Baldy and just an agile man..

HAHAHAHA.. :p :p :silly: :silly: ;) ;)

Thinks I'll also, check some Log file on the network, see what been happening with various connections and ongoing with my setup.

BTW: I'm not trying to be a **** saying this, but most of you think it and most of you feel it, just you might not say anything. What is it, that EGO and sense of my GPU or CPU is Faster than yours and more up to date,. Also I'm going to watch start trek, alomg with the Big Bang Theory..

So my fellow Tech worriers, Live Long and Prosper.

Thought: Rite time for another Vodka..

the conformation message was "Will I dream?".

Makes me want to watch 2001 A Space Odyssey again.
EDIT: It also makes me sad things like Siri or Google Now don't give you an option of using HAL's voice :tongue:

I get sad when replacing old laptops or even iPods. Theres nothing wrong with that.

I am sorry for your loss.

RIP

I have no feelings for new tech.

old tech has a heart and soul new tech is robots.
I feel bad even when I punch my old laptop. but when my phone breaks im like meh robots

Makes me want to watch 2001 A Space Odyssey again.
EDIT: It also makes me sad things like Siri or Google Now don't give you an option of using HAL's voice :tongue:

I wish you could do that, as well as change the activation phrase (how sweet would it be to say "Hey HAL" or "Jarvis, could you...". Maybe someday Google will open it up. Right now I've just been using Commandr for additional voice commands.

I must admit I was pretty drunk when posting this reply. Not trying to be a **** . But since I have had a clear out and thus next pay day I need two new PSU for the Cases I've bought. Might upgrade the other Case today since I have nothing better to do.

Back
Top Bottom