Sun VirtualBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Fox

OCZ SSD Enthusiast
Well, a friend recommended Sun VirtualBox to me when I wanted to run another OS while I was logged into another OS.

I have a few questions:

1) Is Sun VirtualBox safe?
2) Is there better software out there that can do better (and is also free)?

1. Yes i have used VirtualBox before myself.
2. That all depends. What OS are you currently running? Win7 you can get XP Mode which is free. There is VirtualPC from Microsoft which is Free and there is a version of VMWare which is also free. All of which are safe to use.

I thought XP mode required professional? I have home premium..

I guess my question is...which is faster, uses less resources and is easiest to use?

Again it all depends on your system. As you are running another system within your system. Since you never gave any info about your system but want answers we cant be of any help.

I said XP Mode cause they reversed that option for Professional and above only.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

You choose your version and download.

None of the above are going to be fast if you dont have a good enough system. All of them will be fast if you have a great system. See how not providing information is nothing but a problem?

Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium, Q9400 @ 2.66ghz 6mb cache, 4gb DDR2 1066ghz dual channel, 500gb hdd, (is that all?)

I looked up microsoft virtualpc and vmware and both either require upgrades, is just a trial, or is just for xp, so I guess I'll be going with Sun VirtualBox.

VMware Server

Also you must not have followed the link above, cause that gives you a free download of Virtual PC that you can use. I seem to have found free versions of everything i said.

It requires win XP sp3 or above to run, but to answer your original question Virtual box is safe and yes there are better solutions namely VMware workstation.

Well, a friend recommended Sun VirtualBox to me when I wanted to run another OS while I was logged into another OS.

I have a few questions:

1) Is Sun VirtualBox safe?
2) Is there better software out there that can do better (and is also free)?
Sun VirtualBox to me is a very good and reliable software (for it's price...free). It's currently installed on this system that I use to test software on different platforms. There are other alternatives and as said it all depends on your preference or purpose (but most are not free or doesn't have the full suite features such as VirtualBox).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom