Summer Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil isn't running out. It isn't creeping up to $4/gallon... There's more oil out there than this country knows what to do with. Its summer. Everyone just stop freaking out. We waste so much time on complaining about gas prices, if we all just worked for the time we waste, problem solved.

Auctually, we are running out of oil and the prices are creeping up to $4/gallon. In fact, in CA they have already passed the $4 mark: Gas Prices - MSN Autos

I live in Maine, they're at $2.95, so.... They're not creeping up a full dollar i should say. Much of it is price gouging. There are people around here that sell gas for less that $2.50 but they can't keep gas in their tank, they sell it too fast. They raise the price to keep themselves in business and as a result they're price gouging. If they could get a refill at any given moment, you'd see prices drop. That's not supply and demand, its supply and "dependability" as a gas station.

AGH!....i cant beleive i just paid 3.01$ for regular at a shell here in dallas. My RSX has only a 13 gallon tank and it cost 36.24$ to fill her up. I know where all my money is going this summer, since i average about 1000 miles a month. I guess i need to drive less so i have more money to spend on upgrading my comp.

I can see gas prices hitting well over $4 a gallon. As for alternate fuels, they are out there, the technology is there. I wish i could find the video, but i saw this video where this guy invented about the closest thing to cold fusion out there. It produced so much heat, and you wanna know what the fuel was? Water! Wat is water? 2 part hydrogen, one part oxygen. as long as you dont burn the oxygen (and thats what we're doing now) you don't bond the oxygen with carbon, therefore not making Carbon Monoxide and polluting the air. The technology he invented broke down the water molecules, and used the hydrogen to make the heat. He said something like (dont qoute me on this) 200 miles per 8 oz of water...
So if the technology is there... why aren't we using it?

Don't double post. You're talking about electrolysis. Everyone does it chemistry. We haven't reached the point where we get more energy back that what we put in, last I checked. It's not about polluting the air, its about finding a reliable energy source, such as water yes, but its not efficient yet.

Helium-3 comes from the sun. Get's stuck on the moons surface. Safely fuses together in a nuclear fusion reactor and does not produce excess heat. We just need to go to the moon to get it. So once again, its Moon or bust...

But he's pushing for more funding for NASA and missions to eventually colonize the moon, which will result in enough energy to power the planet in due time. you have to think about the big picture here.

And besides, with the fall of the american empire, GWB has quite a few problems on his hands. We need oil, and hes been trying to make sure the middle east doesn't completely collapse into tyrany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom