Summer Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium is nearing $3.50 round my way. Thankfully it only takes around 10 gallons to fill up my Sentra, since i fill up at 1/4 tank, and that gives me around 300 miles or so. Small cars FTW!

why speculate when the data is freely available and easy to interpret?

Attachments

• gas imports_0.gif
    gas imports_0.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 32
  • crude imports_0.gif
    crude imports_0.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 32
  • crude stocks_0.gif
    crude stocks_0.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 33
  • dom crude prodn.gif
    dom crude prodn.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 32
  • GasInv+5-2-07.gif
    GasInv+5-2-07.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 51
$4 per gallon is dirt cheap, if that's a burden then you shouldnt be driving

a gallon of soda pop costs like $3 if you buy two 2 liter bottles, thats about the same as the current price of gasoline

hmm...time to bust out my old Honda...man i was just liking this too, got my license finally (yay!!) even tho i still get great mileage, 2.6l 4 banger that gets 32mpg, im happy, i use a gallon every week, so i should be good, but my xlr125...even tho it is as slow as a goat (about 70 after we got the gears replaced, before it topped at 60 :eek: ) but at least i get about 100 miles per tank (2 gal tank)

well, our prices here are as follows:

87 $3.20
89 $3.30
91 $3.40
93 $3.55 (which is what i like to use with the xlr the most, all other gas makes that soab bog like there is no tomorrow)

prices shot up the other day here... was 2.99 when i first posted... now its 3.30's. Went down last night to about 3.09, but is back up again.

Until a viable alternative is widely used they will continue to see how much we the consumer are willing to pay. They will go up until sales drop off dramatically, then go back down for a while then yo-yo it back again. Supply and demand folks. We supply the money they demand more. If I am correct, Brazil doesn't use gasoline, they run alcohol because they have such an abundance of sugar and can make fuel alcohol cheaply. We have an abundance of corn here in the USA, we could do the same. Once the system to make it is in place, it would be cheaper to do than refining crude. Initially it would be expensive. I have read many different articles about this and they have conflicting versions of the cost of making fuel alcohol. We need to use what we have here and be less reliant on foreign oil. Of course that would mean we would have to stop supplying the rest of the world with grain.

My cousin David works for Merit Oil Advisory Brokers, I'll ask him to expect for the summer. He always has the inside scoop on that stuff. A protest in Venezuela screwed up the gas prices more than the entire Iraq war, despite people's hysteria and wanting to believe we wage war over oil.

Until a viable alternative is widely used they will continue to see how much we the consumer are willing to pay. They will go up until sales drop off dramatically, then go back down for a while then yo-yo it back again. Supply and demand folks. We supply the money they demand more. If I am correct, Brazil doesn't use gasoline, they run alcohol because they have such an abundance of sugar and can make fuel alcohol cheaply. We have an abundance of corn here in the USA, we could do the same. Once the system to make it is in place, it would be cheaper to do than refining crude. Initially it would be expensive. I have read many different articles about this and they have conflicting versions of the cost of making fuel alcohol. We need to use what we have here and be less reliant on foreign oil. Of course that would mean we would have to stop supplying the rest of the world with grain.

Brazil does use gasoline, lots of it, they use more of it than ethanol.

I am glad the price of gas has gone up, I hope it goes up higher. Its the only way to get people to stop driving pickup trucks to work and buy those stupid SUVs. The only thing that will force people to look for ways to reduce their need for gas and oil is high prices. Only high prices will force voters to pressure congress to fund alternative fuels.

I am glad the price of gas has gone up, I hope it goes up higher. Its the only way to get people to stop driving pickup trucks to work and buy those stupid SUVs. The only thing that will force people to look for ways to reduce their need for gas and oil is high prices. Only high prices will force voters to pressure congress to fund alternative fuels.

Oil isn't running out. It isn't creeping up to $4/gallon... There's more oil out there than this country knows what to do with. Its summer. Everyone just stop freaking out. We waste so much time on complaining about gas prices, if we all just worked for the time we waste, problem solved.

As far as alternate energies go, it won't me mainstream for a loooong time. It sure as **** won't start and the consumer either. We will have gone the to moon half a dozen times and used tons and tons of Helium-3 in our fusion reactors to power cities before ethanol becomes used on a respectable level in our transportaion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom