Summer Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bout this:

~ The oil companies are ultimately going to be the one's migrating over to alternative fuels. Why would they want to change something that they are making millions of dollars on each day? It's the basis of our Capitalist economy - if something works, why change it?

Alternative fuels don't start at the PUMP. They start at our powerstations, people. Big oil won't stop selling until they get worried of their supply running out, then they start using the alternatives they bought out years ago, like solar patents etc. However, our powerplants are where the real energy crisis is occuring, not your car. Which is why we need to implicate fusion and fund NASA to bring safe fusion to humanity. To do that we need helium-3. This is from Wiki...

It is believed that the Moon's surface has large amounts of helium-3 in the lunar regolith.[6] At the start of the 21st century several countries planned to explore the Moon and to use its resources. Helium-3 is expected to be one of those resources if a commercial fusion process is created. Yet to be determined is the exact quantity of helium-3 which the solar wind traps and deposits on the lunar surface.

It's time likes this I wish I would have kept my geo metro. My old man is done for, he's a rural postal carrier... Prolly gonna go bankrupt... This reminds me of the 2000 elections, where the republicans used gas prices as a way of supporting their campaign, claiming that al gore was going to tax the **** out of it for environmental causes and that dubya was gonna keep it niiiice and low for us. And wasn't he a christian at that time too? Yeah, nice fake accent too. Sometimes dying doesn't feel so bad.

enough with the GWB crap. Prices are high... get over it. I'm sure Bush isn't doing it on purpose. When gas prices dropped to near $2.00 a gallon, I didn't see any "Gas prices dropped thank you Bush" thread, but now its high prices so "High gas prices; thank you Bush"

OK... i'm done. No flaming/warring intended; just trying to calm the subject down.

It was 1.19/99c for many many years here and dropped to 89 cents a gallon for awhile just before he took office, so I will never think it was unavoidable on our (America's) part and that falls on, who? Who else.

The economy is rarely the fault of whoever is in office but they still get blamed. Tell me how GWB could increase the supply of something it takes millions of years to make? most of the time stuff like this is out of everyones control and there is little you can do to lower gasoline prices. really the only solution is that we migrate to plentiful alternatives because even if we drill Alaska it will run out eventually too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom