Suggestions for video card for my new PC

Saulat_99

Solid State Member
Would like some suggestions as to what video card I should put in my new PC. I am using my old Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT and do not know much about any cards after this or about any ATI cards. I watch HD shows and game on my PC. I would like to max settings on most games if I can. I have SLI & crossfire capability. I use a 19" LCD monitor and plan to upgrade to between a 27 and 32" LCD. I usually do not go for the real high resolutions when gaming. I run 16Gb of DDR3 RAM but can go up to 32. I don't want to spend for the newest/best cards out there and would be fine with 1 good card or 2 lesser cards that come out on top. I know the cards have their own specs for things shading 4.0 and 5.0 and such so I am sure thats pretty important just like the RAm on the cards. Below are my specs. I am currently playing around w dhrysis, the farcry games, diablo 3, and numerous other games to test my new system out and enjoy myself. If I need to supply anymore infor please let me know. I'd be curious what I could get for around 200 but price has some flexibility and saving money is always good.

OS - Win 7 64bit
MOBO - MSI Z77A-G45 - USB 3.0, SATA 6, Optical & digital sound outputs
RAM - Crucial 16GB 8x2 DDR3 1600 DIMM
Processor - INTEL CORE I5-3570K
PSU - 650 Seasonic
19" LCD Monitor
GPU - Nvidia Geforce 8800

I'm looking to upgrade my video card myself. How much are you willing to spend? For my budget of about $200-250, I'm looking at the Radeon HD 7870.

Probably about the same. When I go to system requirements lab and check to see how well I can run a game it says my geforce 8800 has pixel shader version 4.0 vertex shader version 4.0, 4GB of VRam. I am thinking I need to find out what the latest versions are and which cards have the latest versions. Then I could compare prices and go from there as to whether I could run two cheaper cards or go for just one higher end card. Any idea how to find out which cards are up to date?

Kitty and I use the same model just mines from EVGA.
Runs quiet and relatively cool. Give her the spurs and she doesn't heat up too much and remains quiet.
I mostly watch movies and run some Boing base tasks (folding@home sort of stuff where the gpu does all the work) and I got to tell ya if this card got any more laid back it'd be in a coma. This was a good buy. $169.00usd at NewEgg.

Back
Top Bottom