suggestions for a laptop

kchi55

Fully Optimized
my friend is buying a laptop this year. ok, no he would not rather build or purchase a desktop computer since he already has one for gaming, but the problem with it is that it's in his parents room, so at night he can't use it anymore. he's mainly worried that this year, he's becoming a junior in high school and with APs and all he won't be able to finish his workload within the specified amount of time, so he just needs a laptop that he can do his homework on and print things with. so i need some suggestions as to a model. preferably a generic brand like hp, dell, toshiba. theres no need for alienware or cyberpower. thanks in advance.

edit - forgot to mention, needs wifi.

will it be doing any gaming at all? if not, or if he will be doing some light gaming, i would recommend getting a low end laptop from dell.

no gaming. whatsoever, his desktop handles all of them, and he's not much of a gamer to begin with so he doesn't play for hours on end, and he doesn't play very demanding games such as. bf2.. this laptop will be purely for.. maybe a little music, dvds here and there, but mainly homework, research blah, so he'll be needing office and stuff. yeah i was thinking of a low end dell, but i'm not sure which model to get him. i'd prefer it to be on the less than 650 dollar range. i'm not sure of his budget, but his parents have never been fond of spending much money on computers.

You could go with an acer if you want something cheap and realiable to just do homework and web surfing on. they have some at www.tigerdirect.com for pretty cheap with wifi but they aren't the fastest laptops so using it for homework and websurfing is about all you can do, possibly some movie watching and very light gaming.
Systemax has some cheap laptops that you can have customized but I haven't heard such great things about their tech support so I dunno.... you could check them out at www.tigerdirect.com they have some there for pretty cheap too but I don't know how good they would be for what you're looking for.
You could also go with an HP or gateway if you wanted to. I've heard ok things about both of their laptops but it depends, some people love them and some people hate them so I guess it just depends.

Back
Top Bottom